A Conversation for Old Announcements: January - September 2011

This thread has been closed

Thursday, 16 October, 2008: Guidelines for Elections, 6 November, 2008

Post 1

The H2G2 Editors

It has been confirmed that the Glenrothes By-Election will take place on Thursday, 6 November, 2008. The standard election guidelines are now in force.

In order to enable balanced and interesting debates, messageboards and discussion forums across the BBC will be operating under the BBC's agreed policies. This means there will be additional guidelines for members to abide by if they intend to discuss election issues.

In addition to the existing House Rules you must:

Declare if you are a candidate
Discuss the issues, not the personalities
Avoid sloganeering
Avoid campaigning
From time to time during the campaign it may be necessary to restrict or close certain discussions. More information on the BBC's guidelines during local elections can be found in the BBC Editorial Guidelines.

If you wish to discuss the election guidelines with other Researchers, please use the 2008 Elections Forum. More information on the by-election can be found on the BBC News Website.


Key: Complain about this post

Thursday, 16 October, 2008: Guidelines for Elections, 6 November, 2008

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more