A Conversation for GG: A Guide to Space in 26 Steps

Thread Moved

Post 21

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'A Guide to Space in 26 Steps'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Thread Moved

Post 22

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks!


Thread Moved

Post 23

PaulBateman

I like the entry in a sort of fun for kids way but could I make a few suggestions/alterations?

The speed of light is only 300,000 km/s in a vacuum (sorry to be picky but true).

Could K be for Kaiper Belt instead of Klingons? I'm not sure if asteroid belts were mentioned at all.

smiley - cheers


Thread Moved

Post 24

PaulBateman

PS - Galileo didn't actually invent the telescope. He improved it and was probably its greatest champion in using it with respect to astronomy.


Thread Moved

Post 25

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi, Sandwich!

I know that the speed of light is only that figure when travelling in a vacuum. Since the entry is about space and most of space is almost a vacuum, I think it is close enough as it stands.

You're right! Galileo did not invent the telescope. I didn't realise this. I'll change my version of the article and apply for a change to be made to the Edited version to reflect this.

K for Klingons. I like this. I considered Kuiper belt, but thought that the point about Real Life vs Star Trek was more important, so I'm leaving it in.

Thanks for your comments.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GG: A Guide to Space in 26 Steps

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more