A Conversation for Talking Point: Things that are Irredeemably Tacky

Tacky Towns

Post 1

Scott Bennett-AKA Scoop

Many towns are tacky but some pull it off better than others.
Here in the UK Blackpool takes tackiness to the greatest extreme to the extent that it pushes right through tackiness and out the other side existing into a parrellel dimension of parody by simply being an ironic version of itself.

Blackpool is acceptable though as its tackiness is famous and easy to avoid at will.

Worse are areas like here in Merseyside where I am writing. Liverpool is without doubt the tackiest major city in Britain with its population who have made a life of being the blue whales of fashion (ie they have spent their lives scooping up only the plankton and scum from the surface of decades of fashion rather than the prime fishy cuts). This is the town where cheap and nasty shellsuits with white socks over the bottom of the trousers worn with cheap shoes is not just an acceptable form of the dress but the most highly respected!


Tacky Towns

Post 2

Mister Matty

Eeeew. I thought the shellsuit-with-white-socks-over-bottom-of-legs was confined to Glasgow smiley - ill


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more