Cinema, and that awful age.

0 Conversations

At most Cinema's across the UK, most adults expect to be paying around five or six pounds to go and see the latest Tom Cruise flick and the like.

However, a grievous error has been found in the price system.

At my local Cinema, (an ex-Richard Branson and now sold to that French company ICG), children pay four pounds to see films of up to a 12 certificate. Adults pay the normal price. Students and old people pay concession prices.

The confusion starts when people want to see a 15-certificate film.
It seems that when you are fifteen, you are considered an adult. So the pricing goes as such;
Age fourteen: Four pounds. (Still a kid at school)
Age fifteen: Six pounds. (Still a kid at school, no more money than
you had in the last twelve months)
Age Sixteen: Four pounds. (Left school and now a student, still no more money than you had in the last twelve months)
For some special reason it seems that for one year paying the full price is a right of passage we all must go through.

I just see it as further evidence that the age of fifteen is not only an expensive waste of time, but should be avoided.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A609374

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more