A Conversation for The H2G2 Telephone Sanitizers
Hoovooloo Posted Sep 8, 2001
I like LIVR, but I agree that it's a bit "in".
One other possibility suggests itself: anyone read "Stranger in a Strange Land"?
How does "Fair Witness" strike you? Also a bit "in", but equally obvious and clear in itself - you don't have to get the reference to understand it. (Much like "A Modest Proposal" )
Just a thought...
Tube - the being being back for the time being Posted Sep 9, 2001
Aaaahh... I dimly remember... read that like ten or more years ago. Meant something like "I understand you" and the Martian (?) said that meaning to understand the whole person. Or something like that, not?
7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) Posted Sep 9, 2001
True. A period equivalent was: "I dig." An updated expression would be: "I can get behind that."
I vaguely remember a button from the 60's bringing Star Trek into the thing by proclaiming: "I grok Spock."
Ah, those were the days...
Key: Complain about this post
- 21: Hoovooloo (Sep 8, 2001)
- 22: 7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) (Sep 9, 2001)
- 23: Tube - the being being back for the time being (Sep 9, 2001)
- 24: Willem (Sep 9, 2001)
- 25: Tube - the being being back for the time being (Sep 9, 2001)
- 26: 7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) (Sep 9, 2001)