The Sacellum of Count Zero

0 Conversations

A figure, praying peacefully in a darkened room.
Well, here goes....


These were the words of the final posting of Our Lord Zero, who last posted on h2g2 just before an unscheduled reinstallation of Ubuntu.


To us he was lost. Not merely out for a sandwich or attempting to delete, but actually gone - stuck in a chaotic cycle of repeated and failed installation attempts. For hope departs with the operating system. And although the scriptures say that 'Linux knoweth not the Blue Screen of Death', our blessed Zero appeared lost.

And yet... three days onward...

The only thing close that I've played was Kingdom of Loathing. It's all turn based text and stick figure drawings with very little inter-player interaction. That was addictive enough for me for a few years.

He returneth.

Three people throwing a star in the air


To those who follow the False Prophet who Hoovereth No More, E'en By Day, we say:

Come gaze upon the blessed face of our Zero who was lost; who perished under the spell of the evil dual-boot system; who Rolled Back and reinstalled and showed that he was indeed Online; who returneth to us after three days in the wilderness with blessed news of Kingdom of Loathing and who is witheth us stilleth and shalleth be for all eternityeth. Upgrades allowing.

Amen.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A59204720

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more