A Conversation for The House-Hunting Saga - Part 3

*sigh*

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

So what ever happened to The House (the original one)? Is it still sitting there unsold?

My car shopping has gone well. I have chosen a car (a '95 Saturn SL2), and am looking into the financing today. With any luck, I will have it in my possession today or tomorrow. (I also have to get my car insurance taken care of.) I am buying it from the Saturn dealer you recommended.

I shopped several places. At one point, I had a very bad experience. A salesman showed us a Ford with apparently 34,000 miles. It drove well, and it seemed a steal. Too much of a steal. The salesman urged us to buy the car right away, or he might sell it to someone else before we came back. This was a red flag of warning to me.

I went home and ran a VIN report at the Carfax web site. The thing really had at least 134,000 miles. The car had been recorded as having 91,000 miles. And the next report showed it repossessed and sold past a point where the odometer could register the mileage (100,000 miles or more). So if I had fallen to the pressure, I would have been shystered.

Anyway, it was a Nissan Autonation near the Saturn dealer. I don't recommend it. smiley - winkeye


*sigh*

Post 2

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I'm glad to hear that the car shopping has come to a happy conclusion. That's great news. smiley - smiley I'm glad to hear that the Saturn dealership did right by you. They really are good folks there.

I shall avoid the Nissan place for all I'm worth! Thank you for the warning. It sounds as if they just aren't concerned with their customers at all.

The house, as far as I know, is still on the market. Not good, as they wanted to close by today. In my opinion though, it serves them right. smiley - winkeye

We've been out looking again since and may have actually found The House. But I'll save that story for next week. smiley - winkeye

G7


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The House-Hunting Saga - Part 3

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more