A Conversation for The Muses' Campfire

Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 41

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

We'll keep the fire burning for you, Hatifnat!

smiley - hug


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 42

Ottox

* realises that though it's only 1:30pm here, it's already late evening for some of the muses *
Happy Midsummer! smiley - biggrin


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 43

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flatter of wings*

Hi folks, here I am!

Jeremy, thx for the invitationsmiley - smiley

*Kasia sits right before the fire, feeling comfortable with the warm of the flames and looks around at the faces of her friends...*

Mmmmm...! this is good, so relaxating... smiley - magic !


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 44

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

*starts to collect more dead wood for the fire*

*finds Mr. Mark Moxon's desk unattended, drags it right away and puts it into the fire*smiley - devilsmiley - devil

*runs away hiding behind the trees with binoculars to watch Mark face when he sees his desk burning in the Midsummer Night Bonfire.*

*notices that he has forgotten to take some smiley - ale with him smiley - sadface*


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 45

Santragenius V

*warms his hands in the happy blaze of Marks old desk, not 'cos it's old but because that's what you do when you stand in front of a warm fire*

Good -- do we dare suggest keeping up the Danish tradition with the witch (see Ottox's short mentioning above)? If so, who'll put together a straw witch -- and should it resemble someone....?

*oh,oh - dodgy?*

smiley - star


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 46

Ottox

(Pierce)

* sees Santra warm his hands. knows why they're cold. also knows how they can get warm! smiley - winkeye *

I've got an idea! smiley - yikes
Why don't we let U62867 dress up as a witch? Wart, false nose, and everything! smiley - tongueout

And then....
BUUURN HER!!! smiley - devil


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 47

ValerieCH

Happy MidSummer Morning, all!

Any coffee made yet? <>


vch


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 48

Abi

Happy Midsummer Day to everyone! smiley - smiley

smiley - magic


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 49

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

*puts a pot of smiley - coffee onto the grid of the campfire*

Welcome everybody, and happy Midsummer Night!

Making a straw witch and burning her is a great Idea, Ottox!

*starts to collect straw*


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 50

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

*comes back to the bonfire with a lot of straw and starts stuffing it into the clothes of soneone who has obviously gone to the creek for a little swim*

*the rests of Mark's old desk are burning still burning*

I'll walk down to the creek to get me some cold smiley - ale. Anyone else?


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 51

Santragenius V

Happy Midsummer, all!

*in addition to the splendid midsummer eve festivities, you're watching a typical Danish activity - a couple of normally nice people trying to pull each others legs as much as at all possible while looking very innocent and quite normal...*

Ottox - according to my sources, witches are femail, even the general, old-superstition-ish kind burned at midsummernight-bonfires. And last time I checked, I wasn't... smiley - winkeye

*mops sweat from brow, hoping that got rid of the suggestion to burn anything like U62867, which is a number particularily dear to HIM*

For reasons we do not necessarily need to discuss here smiley - winkeye, Ottox has quite a few tons of snow lying around at his space. Maybe if somebody could hijack a wheelbarrow and help the poor lad ferry it over here - it'd do quite nice in keeping the drinks cold...?

*helps St Jeremy collect straw, produces an old battered lady's hat and a broom for the witch*


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 52

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

~arrives back from the creek, having snook off for a little swim~

Oi!
Where are my clothes?
smiley - yikes


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 53

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

*helps Santragenius V to make the witch. Together they throw her onto the bonfire, fill up their mouths with a double PGGB and blow the stuff into the fire (what a waste smiley - winkeye).*

*As soon as the krawoom of the inevitable explosion has faded away, the officialy declare the Midsummer Night Rites and Customs Show open*

*St. Jeremy starts off with an old Midsummer Night habit: he steps back some meters, starts to run and jumps over the fire. The very moment his feet have left the ground he suddenly notices that the burning straw witch's broom is pointing exactly towards his, ahem, crown jewels. This startles him so much that he forgets and hence fails to hit the ground.*

*He gently hovers around the fire with his smiley - ale in his hand and a somehow astonished look in his face.*

Another smiley - ale, anyone?


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 54

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Is it me or is it getting rather warm here?


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 55

Santragenius V

Good idea to accelerate the fire with A Midsummernight's Dual PGGB Blast, St Jeremy

*Quickly poors a second PGGB down his throat. When the kawoom in his stomach and, most noticeably, head smiley - drunk has settled, he somewhat unwisely decides to copy St. Jeremy's feat. Steps back, starts running, jumps, and....*

YiiiiHaaaaa...

*suddenly gets a wee bit worried that Mr. Moxon might actually be a bit cross about the bit with the desk, now reduced to embers - especially now that someone, errrr - me, myself, I - went to the editors space and did a wee bit of fun about it*

See - St. Jeremy, I told you - sudden worries are just about as good as surprises when it comes to missing the ground...!

*Happily bobs around the campfire, experimenting with the upward surges of hot air*

If anyone cares to open that black bag down there, there's lots of smiley - stiffdrink G&T and Gammel Dansk in there!

smiley - star


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 56

Titania (gone for lunch)

G&T? Yes, please!smiley - biggrin

*remembers last time she jumped across a fire (in the Egyptian desert) bare-foot*

Hey! Watch out for the hot ashes, though! They don't glow in the dark, but they sure can be hot!

*prepares a bowl with ice-cold water, just in case*

*adds some ice cubes from her smiley - stiffdrink*


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 57

Apollo

*Watches Jeremy and SGV float over the fire*

*looks down at his smiley - stiffdrink *

Hmmm...maybe I better have a few more....


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 58

Santragenius V

*happily greets from about 7 foot above*

Hi Titania smiley - smiley Sure, help yourself - and a good idead with the water bath. If it gets too hot near the fire, I'm sure that the good St Ottox will drop a shovel-full or two of snow into it smiley - winkeye

Could you please hold up a G&T - I'll foolheartedly try to swerve down and catch it in flight.....

*drumroll*


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 59

Apollo

*Watches Jeremy and SGV float over the fire*

*looks down at his smiley - stiffdrink *

Hmmm...maybe I better have a few more....


Midsummer Night at the Campfire

Post 60

Apollo

*Watches AGB hunt for her clothes*
*Watches Jeremy and SGV float over the fire*

*looks down at his smiley - stiffdrink *

Hmmm...maybe I better have a few more....


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more