A Conversation for A few words on the 43rd President of the USA...

I felt the same way

Post 1

Caligula Ginsuvius Tyrranus

I felt the same way when I was eighteen or nineteen. Being idealistic is an important part of your developing and maturing. Eventually, you will be able to take a mature view of national and world politics, and perhaps get a chance to travel to some countries where they do not have the benefits the United States offers its citizens.
To state that the country is "going to hell" and that "Bush is driving the bus" indicates a lack of depth,though. It's a pretty vague statement, at best. All he did is grab the wheel from Clinton, who set the course for eight long years while the groundwork for all this "hell-going-to" was going on.
I hope, as you grow in years and experience, you can take a more realistic view of the world, and the nation. San Francisco isn't the best place to have that happen, but you are obviously intelligent, and will sort it all out for yourself,given time and education. As far as having the government leave you alone, that's what we all need! However, the last thing you would want to do is leave for another country. We have it pretty good here.

PeaceLuck


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more