A Conversation for Previous Talking Points

loseing a loved one to suicide

Post 1

smartkasese

I know this is a dreary subject but onw in which all too prevelant int the minds of those of who have lost loved ones in this manner. This time of year is particularily difficult for those left behind because it is a suppossed time of "celebration" And therefore it is a time of remorse for many. How do those who have experienced this within their family cope? I am one of those people and would like to hear from others. No this is not a request from an overky depressed person but from one who is genuinly seeking some sort of guidence.smiley - ok


loseing a loved one to suicide

Post 2

smartkasese

Sorry- I didn't spell check and I'm rather tired. K


loseing a loved one to suicide

Post 3

U2144927

If you are still having trouble recovering from the loss of a loved one from suicide I would suggest you see a counsellor. If you have got past that stage perhaps you could think of ways of preventing other people commiting suicide in the future.

The best idea would be to communicate properly with people and not to ignore or argue with anyone, but to do that one would have to live in a world that doesn't exist at this time of writing.

Also, not possible on the internet.

Suicide could be prevented if people on the internet were to use one ID (I think). Confusion can only lead to trouble and ultimately suicide in some cases.

Have a good year.

smiley - peacedove


loseing a loved one to suicide

Post 4

smartkasese

Perhaps I have been misundersttod. I have a counsellor. and am NOT seeking counselling over the internet. I merely want to know if their are others out there who have experienced a similar tragedy. I won't try again . by the way, If you think that a person who only has one ID would be more readily helped by others , you are completely misinformed.


loseing a loved one to suicide

Post 5

U2144927

I wasn't suggesting that you were seeking a counsellor over the internet. You must remember that millions of people are potentially reading this. My message was a message to others as well as a message to you. Or perhaps that isn't the way these messageboards work? I don't know.

I don't think a person with one ID would be more readily helped by others. What I mean is, is that if one person has more than one ID it can add to confusion and misunderstanding. It could also be a way for people to play mind games with other people, especially over the internet.

Suicide is a terrible thing, I agree, and so is misunderstanding.

Sorry to have troubled you.

smiley - peacedove


loseing a loved one to suicide

Post 6

furiousmaxine

my way of dealing with suicide was to do what every normal person would do and search for answers,,but the sad truth is there are no answers,,people who take their own lives i believe are tortured souls who cant survive the pressures of this world..they may seem to be people who just get on with it but inside something doesnt seem right to them and they cant cope with this life..
I am not holy person but i do believe that before a person takes their life they have made the decision and are at peace with that decision.
They are ready to exit this world and it doesnt matter how much they are loved or unloved.
You can blame people or experiences on breaking their spirit but in reality only you alone can make the final decision to leave here,,
I take it this person was obviously loved very much so why then, did they not come to someone and talk about it before taking such a final step,because nothing matters to them anymore all they want is to end it all and as hard as it is for you to take in you have to respect their decision and find peace in it or else you will be unhappy always wondering what if,,they are happy now and as hard as it is for someone to let go of all the, what if's and should of beens you have to just try and move to a happier place in your life and let them rest in peace now.
you hold them in your heart forever now and they are always with you..
let them be free, dont hold them back through guilt be happy and in return they will be happy,,,,smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more