A Conversation for Talking Point: Your Favourite Hitchhiker's Moment

My moment and character

Post 1

G3ntl3

My favourite moment was spoken by my fave character, and because both illustrate, the matter of one's perspective. It was when Ford (my favorite character)explained that the Gnab Gib, or the end of the universe, was a lot like being drunk, to which Arthur, innocently asks the question, "what's so bad about being drunk," to which Ford replies "ask a glass of water." His inability to see sarcasm for what it is, takes the universe literally, therefore he gets to see it as the truly scewed place it is.


My moment and character

Post 2

Crescent

My fave moment is from Life, The Universe and Everything. It has been a while, so bear with me. I cannot remember how it comes about, but Arthur appears in this tunnel and goes through the whole something creeping up on you, turning around bit. He then meets this poor character, in this unholy church with bizarre colours. Turns out that every life this beast has lived was ended in some way by Arthur, now he will get hiis revenge, but it turns out he is from the future and this is not Arthurs time. I found this part so funny (for whatever reason - I cannot remember now) that I was sore laughing. What was his name, Ashrab? Ashfab? Must go and find out.....
BCNU - Crescent


My moment and character

Post 3

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Agrajag
I was just re-reading that bit. and then the flying


My moment and character

Post 4

Crescent

Agrajag!
BCNU - Crescent


My moment and character

Post 5

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

ooh simpost
LOL!


My moment and character

Post 6

Crescent

Jinx, swiv smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent


My moment and character

Post 7

drdrakes

I think my favorite moment is from Life the Universe and Everything.
Its the moment when Ford is falling down a cliff being chased by the creature he is always killing. Instead of falling as he was doing so well he decides to do it not so well, So he falls some more and does it so badly that he misses what he was falling on. Now he is flying...
So you see the secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss..............
Details may be inaccurate, Pain may be severe for first timers, success not gauranteed.


My moment and character

Post 8

span(ner in the works) - check out The Forum A1146917 for some ace debate

that's my favourite too!! the bit with the cave and stuff - i used to be quite superstititous about it as an odd teenager, because the chapter number was the same as my favourite number at the time

i was just reading the webchat where douglas was saying that they wrote the radio series very on the cuff - but ít's moments like the Agrajag bit that make you realise what a fantastic grasp he had for the overall trend of the story and even the little details - everything comes back around and you can't afford to skip a single paragraph (even if you wanted to)

cheerio
span


My moment and character

Post 9

jme

His name was Agrajag. He's one of my favorite characters too!


My moment and character

Post 10

The Mystical Fish (ACE, MuG, pianist/guitarist in YP and the Hoopy Hoopsters, Keeper of Air Guitars)6*7+4+1-2-3=42

My favourite bit is when the nuclear missiles are screaming towards the Heart of Gold on Magrathea and the guidance is jammed so they cant dodge them and Eddie (the computer) starts singing You'll Never Walk Alone while giving them impact time updates.


Key: Complain about this post