A Conversation for Petition for Greater Freedom on h2g2

Sure hope this doesn't land me in hot water

Post 1

PostMuse

Wouldn't it be more effective to send petitions to the Director of New Media, Ashley Highfield? I don't mean this to sound like I want to go over heads, but hasn't Peta enough to do without adding more? Or would it make things worse to go right to the director?

*ducking*


Sure hope this doesn't land me in hot water

Post 2

Deidzoeb

Good question. No hot water here, just an explanation. In the process of debating the wording of the petition, we also debated to whom we should send them, and through what means. Peta suggested we mail them straight to her, and gave the proper address. Later, Mark corrected the address so they wouldn't end up somewhere else in Bush House. You can read earlier drafts of the petition and discussions of them at the following pages: Rough draft petition http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A532702 Final draft? http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A539877 Peta talks about this in post 42 of http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F65152?thread=106345 (a conversation thread under the rough draft petition) "...I suspect Ashley.Highfield's email address is the one that he actually uses, so he might not appreciate lots of emails. I personally think that sending real paper letters might be more effective, I know him personally, he's a very nice open-minded guy and I suspect that he would read them. Alternatively, you can send the letters to me or copy them to me in letter form, and I'll collect them and show them to him when he's next in the office. I'm totally up for being supplied with the tools for change...."


Sure hope this doesn't land me in hot water

Post 3

PostMuse

Thank you Subcom. Deidzoeb. Answers my concern perfectly.


Key: Complain about this post

Sure hope this doesn't land me in hot water

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more