h2g2 Post 19.04.01

1 Conversation



Posted: 19th April 2001

Editorial

The Post may seem a little quieter this week as both Ormondroyd and Fragilis take a break.

Talking of Fragilis; it has been brought to my attention that she has had a major upheaval in her life recently and is in need of plenty of hugs. Please drop over to her page and cheer her up. Just look for the 'Anybody have a hug?' thread.

None of you sent me any letters for the mooted 'Letters to the Editor' column, so I assume that you are all happy with what we are up to... for the moment anyway!

Articles of interest in this week's issue include a look at some poor ladies who lost their heads... literally, a tribute to Harry Secombe and an examination of the state of Asian music in Britain. There is more fun from Greebo T Cat and the welcome return of 'So Long and Thanks for Laughing'.

Here is the news:

News of the forthcoming London h2g2 meet can be found in the the 'Announcements', news from New Zealand as Loonytunes reports on another concert and news of The Post Paper Chase.

We feature another poet, Wide Inside, this week. Sadly, Positive Feedback will no longer be providing us with a topical poem each week, so why not send your poetic endeavours to The Post? Judging from all the entries in the recent Poetry Competition, there are a lot of rhymers out there!

There will be no Post next week as shazz is off to catch up with things in England. See you in a fortnight!

Any copy, articles, suggestions and letters should be sent to The Editor. Please mark the subject line as 'The Post' and use this same address if you are interested in volunteering to become an occasional or regular contributor.

shazzPRME

FeaturesRegulars

  • So Long, And Thanks For Laughing.

  • In the next few weeks we'll be letting you experience
    the joys of the countryside which foot and mouth has
    affected, starting this week with camping.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A537103

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more