Front Line Assembly (and related bands)

0 Conversations

Currently a 100% In-Progress Production, a division of The Association.

Initial thinking...

INTRO

The origins of FLA, including present and past membership (and their credits prior to joining the Cryogenic Studios family).

  • Origins
  • Bill Leeb: Originally a member of Skinny Puppy.
  • Michael Balch
  • Rhys Fulber
  • Chris Peterson

STATUS

Where FLA fits in the grand scheme of the music industry.

DISCOGRAPHY

A simple list, not necessarily compehensive (i.e. omitting special editions or weird formats), of titles and year released.

CREDITS

Completely disregarding sentiments expressed in previous item, this section will cover, well, covers and other stuff which is directly FLA-related (Examples: The Quake music and mixes for other bands).

RELATIONS

Quick paragraphs on the other members of Cryo (well, maybe not so quick in the case of Delerium):

  • Delerium : By far the most successful of the side-projects, in existence since 1991. In fact, the blend of Techno-Ambient and 'electronic world music' has gained more commercial success than FLA itself, beginning with 1995's Karma album. Silence, featuring Canadian singer/songwriter Sarah MacLachlan on vocals, has been a major worldwide hit in one form or another as recently as the year 2000, and provided a receptive audience for the latest album release Poem.
  • Equinox : A Leeb and Peterson collaboration which produced a single album (Holon). The experimentation with Drum'n'Bass beats and loops is this project's distinguishing feature.
  • Noise Unit
  • Pro-Tech
  • Synaesthesia
  • Intermix
  • Will
  • Cyberaktif

OPTIONS

Other bands in the same mould as FLA (NIN, KMFDM, Front 242 and the like). Could also mention projects produced or created by Fulber (especially Conjure One).


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A535736

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more