- Project Name: Public Golf Courses in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
- Field Researcher: Jimi X
- Department: Sport
- Faculty: Social Sciences
- Start Date: 1 May, 2001
- End Date: 1 February, 2003
- Assisting Sub-Editor: None yet.
This project will examine the history of golfing in Hershey, Pennsylvania and take a detailed look at the five courses in town. With 72 holes covering 425-plus acres across five courses, Hershey has more golf courses per capita than just about anyplace else in the world. Providing for his chocolate factory's employees' recreation was an important part of Milton S. Hershey's vision for the community which bears his name.
Pages currently in progress or planned:
- Milton S. Hershey - done and in the Edited Guide
- Golf - done and in the Edited Guide
- Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA - done and in the Edited Guide
- History of Golf in Hershey Pennsylvania - done
- Parkview Golf Course - not started
- Spring Creek Golf Course - done
- Hotel Hershey Executive Course - done
- None yet
Further Information Required
- If anyone has played any of these courses, I'd be interested in your comments.
If you have further information that you think might be useful in this project, please post it in the conversations below, or contact Jimi X.