Adoption

1 Conversation

ADOPTION - THOUGHTS FROM A MOTHER'S HEART

This topic could be and has been debated over and over again. I want to approach it briefly from a mother's point of view, a mother who wanted to keep her baby but could not. Although this is from the heart, it is reality for many women.

Reasons for giving up a baby for adoption

The woman was raped.

The woman fell pregnant by accident, ignorance or carelessness and does not want the baby.

The woman fell pregnant by accident, ignorance or carelessness and cannot afford to raise the baby.

The woman is still very young and her parents cannot or will not keep the baby.

One Mother, One Reason

This mother was careless in a moment of loneliness and despair. She fell pregnant after turning to a man for some human contact. She did not love him, he meant nothing to her. Truth was he cared nothing for her either, he was married with a family and was having some fun.

So, through carelessness more despair was caused. Discovering she was pregnant was devastating. She told no one and for nine months managed to hide her pregnancy. She knew she could not keep the baby as she could not afford it and did not want the baby to suffer because of her stupidity.

The day arrived, the baby was born and a couple of days later she said her goodbyes. The baby is given up for adoption.

Home again, alone, the mother writes a letter to the baby she will never see again and packs it away just in case.

Every year the mother remembers her child's birthday and imagines how the child has grown, what the child must be doing. All she knows is that her baby was adopted by a very caring couple and has a brother who was also adopted.

Yes, One Mother, One Reason. One regret for the rest of her life. One hope, that her child is happy and does not hate her. One thought: Will her child ever look for her.

Judge Not

The reasons for giving a baby up for adoption are listed above. Carelessness is probably one of the worst reasons for pregnancy. Not wanting the baby is a harsh thought but understandable in some instances. Not being able to keep the baby is heartbreaking. Let our hearts reach out - Let us not be judgemental

THE MOTHER (A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE) WHO'S THOUGHTS ARE REFLECTED HERE WISHED TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A530498

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more