A Conversation for The View at h2g2

I can't really take the credit...

Post 1

World Service Memoryshare team

... for editing Blubottle's marvellous entry 'The Paul McCartney Death Clues' - it was really Sam and Ashley, I just untangled it from where it was stuck in the system!


I can't really take the credit...

Post 2

Bluebottle

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how, exactly, was it stuck in the system...?

<BB<


I can't really take the credit...

Post 3

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Thanks for the honesty, Anna. smiley - smiley

But I'm curious too. How can an entry stay on the What's Coming Up page so long? Do the Sub-Editors choose which entries to edit? Or was there some confusion about assigning the entry to someone to edit?


I can't really take the credit...

Post 4

World Service Memoryshare team

Hi Blubottle and Fragilis!

The What's Coming Up page is manually updated by me. We allocate entries to the subs automatically - in theory they go out more or less in the order they were recommended by the scouts. For some reason, though, possibly because it had been submitted under the old queue system, Paul McCartney Death Clues, just wasn't being sent out - to anyone. I kept trying to flag it for inclusion in our internal queue (which is why it took so long) but that didn't work, so being frustrated by technology, I rolled up my sleeves and unjammed it from the system.

smiley - smiley


I can't really take the credit...

Post 5

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

smiley - smiley

That explains it rather well. It's a good thing that you're not afraid to use a little elbow grease. smiley - winkeye


I can't really take the credit...

Post 6

Bluebottle

I'm still trying to work out how the PR system works after an article has passed the first step.
One of my articles - HMS Warrior (A405064) - has been "recommended" for quite some time - it and my hovercraft article were recommended on the same day in October, yet I've not seen it mentioned on the ComingUp page.
So, is this normal? Is this nothing to worry about?

Knowing the answers to questions like this would also help me feel more confident when, as an ACE or Guru, I am asked to help new researchers with their questions.

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more