A Conversation for Talking Point: Happy Birthday to Us!

Happy Birthday to Us

Post 1

shagbark

I had my doubts when the BBC took over. My old identity at hootoo wasn't working but Peta helped me get going again- this time as shagbark U170775.
I have since survived several changes and now have 28 Edited articles.
I still wish I could visit some of the forum entries I did years ago but lack the F number and your Advanced Search Button usually just finds Articles not forum entries.


Happy Birthday to Us

Post 2

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

I remember joining the original H2G2 in September 1999.
I was then, simply GANDALF.
ue to some technical problems, (my bosses in Manchester twigged that I was spending more web time than my job entailed, so I got a 'Warning'
Then I came across a web disc that would bypass Head Office, and became Gandalf the White.

From there, all went swingingly well until 1205 on the 20th April 2001, when a car driver deided thatmy longe was a convenient parking space. No word of a lie).

My wife and I subsequently appointed an insurance assessor to persue our claim.
To cut a long story short, my wife and I are still persuing the XXXXXXX throug the coutrs.

We are hoping that the situation will be resolved this June...ine years late.

In the meantime, I have had to have a lung removed due to emphycoemia, and we are now in a sheltered flat.


As I cannot remember my old E-Mail addresses ad passwords, I am having to start again from scratch, hence I am now gandalfstwin.


smiley - oksmiley - kiss

'g'


Happy Birthday to Us

Post 3

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

orry,should have previewed. The xxxxxxx assessor owes us £2400.00...


Sorry


'g'


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more