A Conversation for How to optimise your filing system

Terrific

Post 1

Recumbentman

This is long but brilliant. Makes you feel that working in an office may be survivable. You obviously run a tight but pleasant ship.


Terrific

Post 2

You can call me TC

Well, fancy meeting you here. Actually I'm terrible at organisation in practice, but rather good at the theory!

I waited for a good while for suggestions for improvement before finalising this entry, but was quite pleased with the result.

By the way - you weren't in London yesterday (Monday) were you? Because I had a half a day to kill there as my flight went back in the evening. Anyway, too late now.

It was certainly nice to meet you at last!


Terrific

Post 3

Recumbentman

Well it was delightful meeting you! I left Putney at 9 am on Monday and was home in time for lunch, unlike the unfortunate Gnomon who was diverted to Shannon on Sunday.

Why did you not put this Entry into Peer Review?


Terrific

Post 4

You can call me TC

Actually, I did. I hadn't realised this was the unofficial version.

The EG version is at A580286 Filing - somewhat doctored. My approach has always been: It doesn't matter about personal bits in the unofficial version. The subed can edit them out.

(Having been a subed I don't think of that as an imposition)

I really should get my act together and write all those entries I've got in the odd corners of my brain.

Sorry but I haven't finished reading your Swedish travelogue yet - got home at midnight last night and straight off to work this morning.


Terrific

Post 5

Recumbentman

How hootooers can work beats me. Gnomon seems to manage.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more