A Conversation for How to optimise your filing system

The 'My Desk' System

Post 1

TheAardvark

Probably the most practicable alternative to actual filing is the 'My Desk' system.

If I was the last person to work on something then it is probably on my desk. If I wasn't then it is probably on the desk of the last person to work on it and it is therefore their responsibility to locate it.

This system has the added advantage that if I need something the chances are I don't have to leave my seat to get it. I just need to sort through the papers on my desk. Additionaly - my desk always looks like I am extremely busy and nobody notices just how long I am spending doing 'research' for h2g2.


The 'My Desk' System

Post 2

You can call me TC

Well done! That's the spirit.

Not quite sure what your comment has to do with filing though - are you saying that it is a community effort? Now that is a point I haven't stressed enough and I will do. A sort of "Everybody is Responsible" attitude.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more