Announcements 02.04.09

0 Conversations


If you would like to have an Announcement displayed on this page, please note the submission e-mail address for Announcements, at the bottom of the page.

Upcoming and Proposed Meets

Meet Rich the Rhino!

To celebrate h2g2's 10th anniversay Skankyrich is planning to hitch-hike around trying to meet every Researcher in the British Isles over the course of a weekend while dressed as a rhino. Which weekend? From Friday 24 April to Monday 27 April 2009. Help planning and plotting at A44364242!

h2g2 Birmingham Meet

In order to facilitate for Skankyrich to meet as many researchers as possible, those based in the Midlands are planning a meet, probably in Birmingham, probably on 25 April 2009. To find out for sure, visit A44851836.

International HooToo non-seasonal meet

h2g2's own President Hypatia is planning to visit London and the UK in May 2009, along with other researchers resident outside of the UK. Take the opportunity to meet them (and others) in person in London on 9 May 2009. More info and sign-up thread found is to be found at A44864058.

Announcements

The h2g2 University

After a two-year absence, it's back - the h2g2 University, where you can create projects on your own specialised subjects...

New Clubs

Dire Straits Fan Club

Calling Dire Straits Fans......Is There Anybody Home?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gardeners' Guild

Relaxed place for gardeners or plant fiddlers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Campaign for Thursday

The most popular uprising against the Thingites ever, the Campaign for Thursday is not to be mocked. Join in with the T3N thread, have a drink or ten at the bar, or just wipe yourself out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The campaign to re-name the Thingites "Prats"

Are you bored with the Thingites and their extremly dull prattle? Are you a Thursdayite? Are you looking for an excuse to party? Are you getting bored right now? If so (or if not) join the society - You get a badge!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Film Club

We rent the same DVD once a month. Then we talk about it. Simple! Far fewer rules than Fight Club.....People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you forming a new club? Why not pop over to the Classified Ads and let us know! You can also promote your group by writing an introductory piece and submitting it to The Post for extra publicity and potentially more members. Just use the link at the bottom of this page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links

The Post Links Page points you towards the best of h2g2. Everything from information and campaigns to eating and drinking venues, virtual lands or clubs.

The Post Archives are a repository for all things Post related. Divided into easy-to-use categories, they get bigger at a frightening pace. Well worth a visit, whether to re-read a favourite article or catch up on something you missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All entries for this feature should be mailed to The Post Box.

02.04.09 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A49375524

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more