A Conversation for The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans

A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 1

broelan

http://www.h2g2.com/A488784

this is an entry that i have written on one of my favorite authors. i have tried to be as thorough as possible, combining information from his books, organizations, and website.

i appreciate any suggestions you may have, or a reccomendation.

thanks for checking it out.

broelan


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 2

shrinkwrapped

Looks great to me! Sorry about the slow Scout reaction speed...

It could maybe do with some more information, if you think there's any more to say, but it stands perfectly well as it is.


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 3

Martin Harper

Yeah - there's good stuff here - but it really just leaves me salivating for more...

Try including stuff from the book bibliographies, and do a web search( http://www.google.com is good for this case) for the guy's name - see what you can come up with.

What exactly is 'inspirational' fiction, anyway? smiley - winkeye

myre - "You don't have to be a peer to help review Peer Review!"

PS) The time to first-feedback is greatly reduced if all those who ask for feedback take the time to give feedback to others....


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

As so much of this entry focuses on the book "The Christmas Box" and the impact it had on the author's career, I think it would be worthwhile to include some more info on the book. For example, what is it about?

smiley - smiley
Mikey


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 5

Martin Harper

Oh, and incidentally, book titles should be in talics, but not underlined... smiley - smiley

Any thought to the suggestions given, broelan? What do you think?


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 6

broelan

apologies to all of you for my dreadful lack of attention to this article, i have received your suggestions, but unfortunately other projects inside and outside of h2g2 (primarily outside) have prevented me from getting back to this in ernest. i am not giving up on the project by any means, i would love to have an edited article as the sole contributor, but the research already performed and the article as it stands took me a full day to begin with, and i haven't had that kind of time since (again apologies).

please do not think your comments have been in vain, i will get back to the article at my earliest possible convenience.

thank you smiley - smiley


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 7

Martin Harper

hi broelan - do not feel you have to apologise. If it's OK with you, I'd like to suggest this thread be moved to the Writing Workshop, since it now has work on it to be done.

Thanks for telling us about this - it's always nice to have responses from the author - even if the response is "yes, but not yet"... smiley - smiley


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 8

Martin Harper

hi broelan - do not feel you have to apologise. If it's OK with you, I'd like to suggest this thread be moved to the Writing Workshop, since it now has work on it to be done.

Thanks for telling us about this - it's always nice to have responses from the author - even if the response is "yes, but not yet"... smiley - smiley


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 9

broelan

if it goes to writing workshop, what happens to it there? i've read the workshop page, but i'm not sure how it differs from peer review.


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 10

Martin Harper

Well, basically - what happens is this thread moves into the writing workshop - and anyone who wants to comment on it there can do so... the main difference is that entries in the writing workshop are expected to be works in progress, so this is the norm. It also helps to skim down Peer Review so people who want to look for entries which are ready to be recc'd can do so easily.

When you have finished reworking your masterpiece, simply create a new PR thread, and post a link to the new thread from this thread. It's that simple. Really! smiley - smiley


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 11

broelan

i prefer to withdraw at this time. i do not have an immediate intention of getting back to this article, and do not wish to clutter up writer's workshop with it either.


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 12

Martin Harper

Writer's Workshop really doesn't get cluttered - so it's probably easier to move it there. If someone is feeling enthusiastic, they might take what you've written, and add to it and suchlike, and create a great collaborative entry for peer review - that's the hope anyway!

But it's your choice - make a decision one way or the other, and I'll let TPTB know... smiley - smiley


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 13

broelan

i prefer to finish it myself in my own time. please have it removed from peer review. thanks.


A488784 - Richard Paul Evans

Post 14

Martin Harper

Cool. Done. It'll probably get moved in the next couple of days. Have fun in Real Life! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post