Escape Pod Dreams

0 Conversations

Escape Pod Dreams, the Christians and Social Darwinism Issue

The New New blob

Faddists, all!

I ran into a little column by Nixon conspirator and born-again conservative Chuck Colson the other day while Googling Mendelssohn. He was fulminating about the coincidence of Mendelssohn's, Darwin's and Lincoln's birthdays and how one of the three was a despicable person. Guess which one. The fact that Darwin was a Christian, and quite conservative in the beliefs of the time makes no headway with Mr. Colson. He preaches to the choir and beats the tom-tom of communism springing from the social science of "survival of the fittest". As an Ugly American himself, Mr. Colson should know better. He also fails to delve into Mr. Lincoln's feeling about the Native Americans and Mr. Mendelssohn's feelings about the class system of his time. No, Mr. Colson celebrates the artist and the statesman/martyr and excoriates Mr. Darwin in time-honored uneducated idiot fashion. Shame on any Christian who takes you seriously, Mr. Felon.

The New New blob

More reasons why...

1. 8:57 AM
Science or magic?
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Stupidity has no age and no era
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
God(dess) gave you a brain
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
I'm tired of thinking
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blobThe New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams Archive

TonsilRevenge

05.03.09 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A47850221

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more