Andechs Brewery, Bavaria - WIP

0 Conversations

If Oktoberfest is the Disneyland of beer drinkers then surely Andechs is the beer-Mecca. Every true beer drinker should make the pilgrimage at least once in their life. This researcher has still to attain nirvana despite many poorly planned day trips. Of course, Andechser beer itself can be sampled in Munich city centre at a small stübl near the Dom church. This is obviously nowhere near as much fun as visiting a monastery on a holy mount that brews beer. This monastery has been producing the beer since 1659 and even farms its own wheat and hops to produce the tasty brew.


Beer:

Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel is a double strength dark beer and in this researcher's opinion is a close to perfection in a glass as you will find. When people speak of Ambrosia being the nectar of the gods, maybe they actually meant Andechser.


Directions:

Take the S-Bahn to Herrsching and then a bus or taxi ride or if you're really adventurous, walk. Andechs is notorious for people disappearing on it's winding path after a visit and no Andechs experience is complete without a tale of falling over, falling off a bike or getting hideously lost on the way back into town.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A47528058

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more