A Conversation for Artichokes

A465932 - Artichokes

Post 1

Jack Point

http://www.h2g2.com/A465932

I realized as I was writing this article that I really have a lot of things to say about artichokes. How many people can make that claim? (How many people who can make that claim would openly admit it?)

-J.P.


A465932 - Artichokes

Post 2

LL Waz

A good entry. It might be worth saying tho' that it's the Globe Artichoke it's about. As opposed to the Jerusalem Artichoke or Chinese Artichoke.
I've seen a lot of them growing on smallholdings in Andalusia. They don't seem to need much in the way of cultivation there. With a bit of protection from frost you can even grow your own in England.

On layout I think the approved guide entries use box headers for sections, but I'm no expert on that.

(And everyone should know about artichokes. I know someone who got into very embarassing difficulties not knowing that you didn't eat the whole leaf smiley - smiley .)
Wz


A465932 - Artichokes

Post 3

sundiver (the scout)

Congratulations - this is a most excellent entry and has been recommended by the scouts for inclusion into the edited guide. It will find it's way in there in a few weeks after it goes through the sub-editors, so go out and buy that bottle of champagne.


A465932 - Artichokes

Post 4

Mark Moxon

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next.

Congratulations!


A465932 - Artichokes

Post 5

Shorn Canary ~^~^~ sign the petition to save the albatrosses

How very odd to find an article on artichokes dangling off the bottom of an article on bacteriophages. Is this a mistake or does it have some significance?


A465932 - Artichokes

Post 6

LL Waz

It must be a mistake. It was dangling off Artichokes when I last saw it.


A465932 - Artichokes

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more