A Conversation for What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?

A simple yet important question

Post 1

TowelMaster

Hi,

Question : I have submitted my article on Londo Molari for Peer Reviewing several months ago. I received some comments and praise for it. I edited the article and included most of the recommendations(I took the liberty of disagreeing on one aspect of it).

I feel that the article is ready for the next stage, but nothing is happening ! Because there will be many more articles on babylon-5 related characters etcetera, I would like to know whether the current article will be accepted as a Guide-entry before going on with this project.

So :

How do I know that the article is being processed ???

And as for that : who decides that the article will or will not be sent on to the next stage ?

Can one scout halt the process ? If not, how many does it take ?


I know that this "new" procedure is much easier for the Towers, but I can't make heads or tails of it anymore... smiley - sadface

Please inform me about this,
Thanx,


TM.


A simple yet important question

Post 2

TowelMaster

Been reading a bit more and I think that the most important question is :

"Do I have to do anything else or can I wait until the article gets either rejected or accepted ?

TM.


A simple yet important question

Post 3

Jimi X

Hi TM.

The Scouts each get three picks a month (usually on a specific day - I seem to go on the first Tuesday on the month). They are the ones who decide which entries go on to the next phase based on their selections.

You've just got the bad fortune of having to wait until somebody gets around to picking your entry. Personally, I feel this 'limbo' state to be horrible at times.

I've submitted perfectly good entries to PR and had them sit for weeks with scarcely a comment and then it'll get accepted out of the blue. Ashley had an entry sit around a couple of weeks with lots of positive feedback, but no acceptance from a Scout.

What I guess I'm saying is that you're not alone out there, but I *do* think that this is a better system than sending out rejection letters without feedback like we did in the old days of the queue system.

Perhaps you'd like to leave a message at the Scouts' Homepage asking them what more needs to be done to this entry? Maybe that'll spark somebody's interest in sending the thing through the process.

Good luck!

- Jimi X


A simple yet important question

Post 4

TowelMaster

Thanx Jimi,

I will exercise patience for a few more days and then do as you advised. Indeed, the system is not bad. The only worry I have is that my article will ultimately turn out to be a compromise of various researchers' opinions. As this is a subject that is different for everyone(like doing a book-review), this may become a problem.

BTW : In the old system I had the misfortune of having my articles bounced back and forth for one-and-a-half years! So I know what you mean... The long Dark Teatime of the Peer Review... smiley - winkeye


Cya,

TM.


A simple yet important question

Post 5

WINK (and the MArtian Arts Review) sending much LOve to the Masses

I'm a bit new to this, but how do we know a "scout" from just another researcher? I submitted something yesterday to peer review and had one person respond. In reading other's entries here, it seems it takes a bit to get accepted. There's much more I want to learn before submitting another entry, this one just happened upon me so quickly that I felt compelled to write about it and share the knowledge I'd found.

I did take the response I'd gotten and made some changes to the initial submission. I'm going over the GuideML information and would like to change from the simple text to that and add a little visual spice to it.

I've asked you questions before and you were oh so kind to help me out. I don't know if it's proper to ask someone to look at an entry, but I would respect your input at this initial stage.

~Wink


A simple yet important question

Post 6

Jimi X

Sure if you want to give me a url, I'll be happy to give it a look.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I've been away for about a week.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more