A Conversation for MINISTRY OF JELLY!

Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 1

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

The Ministry would like to thank Bagpuss for bringing these to our attention as despite their obvious place in the world of jelly sweets they had been sadly neglected. Americans call them Jelly Belly's and in the UK they're known as Jelly Beans but either way they're very similar and very nice. Basically they're a small jelly with a hard outside and a gooey middle available in many, many flavours the Ministries particular favourite being Bubblegumsmiley - smiley


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 2

Stretchy

These are probably my favourite manifestation of the jelly phenomenon.

I like the green ones best - but looking at your other conversations I may be on my own in this. Ah well, all the more for me (grabs handful and surreptitiously stuffs them in pocket. Hang on, how can I do something surreptitiously when I'm describing it out loud. Well, not out loud, but in text. Er...)

One quick existential crisis and several jelly beans later - I've just realised what a very polysyllabic message this is - a problem I've just compounded by using the word 'polysyllabic' - aaarrgghhh, used it again. Time for another crisis...

That's better.

You know I'm really not sure that's how I should spell 'polysyllabic'. And as for 'surreptitiously'... can I have some of your special 'happy' fruit pastilles, please?


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 3

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*hands over Green Fruit pastilles and Jelly Beans*
Welcome to the Ministry Of Jelly...these are just normal Fruit pastilles though but they're still yummysmiley - smiley


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 4

Bagpuss

OK, just confused here. Surely Jelly Belly is a trade name, or is this one of those cases where a certain product is basically identified by a trade name, e.g. sellotape?


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 5

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

I have no idea, before I read the guide entry I thought it was somethign to do with Harold Bishop...
*giggles hysterically*
Kitten on keyboard...kitten trampling...


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 6

Bagpuss

smiley - biggrin Open again. Since the long thread is still missing, mind if I carry on from that rather surreal post?


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 7

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins and waves at Bagpuss, scattering Jelly Beans in his direction*
What that made sense? Well to me it did...


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 8

Bagpuss

*takes some jelly beans*

Perhaps if I watched Neighbores...


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 9

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
The conversations gone for 5 months and when it returns we still talk about Neighbours smiley - winkeye Aah well, well Jelly Belly is the name that Lou Carpenter (owner of the pub/garage etc) used to give Harold Bishop (owner of the coffee shop)...


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 10

Bagpuss

Oh.

Do you think anyone else has noticed you're open? Perhaps you should advertise.


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 11

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
See that explanation was worth the five month wait wasn't it smiley - winkeye

Hmm...probably not but never mind, besides there was only ever 3 of us here before smiley - smiley


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 12

Bagpuss

I'll reserve judgement on whether or not it was worth it, I think.

I'm sure there was more than that. Besides if you advertise more, perhaps you'll get more people in.


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 13

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*grins*
I'm sure you watch Neighbours really y'know, this lack of Neighbours trivia is all an act smiley - winkeye

Well there was me, you, Peregrin, umm Wumbeevil...and Menza and EV on occasion... maybe you're right smiley - smiley


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 14

Bagpuss

I'm going to get that post removed for being libelous.

I'm sure the Fish was around as well and Dragonfly. See, a veritable jelly-consuming community.


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 15

Clickie

Jelly Belly is a specific brand of jelly bean. Jelly Bellies are infinitely superior to other jelly beans in every possible way. The manufacturers of Jelly Bellies are expert at making every flavor (and there are many, many flavors) taste similar to what they're supposed to, and yet still taste passably good. The buttered popcorn flavor is the epitome of this.


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 16

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*waves*
Hi! Thanks for that smiley - smiley I must admit I'd never heard of Jelly Belly's until the phrase was used on tv once so I just assumed they were the same.
What sort of flavours can you get then? We have a shop near us which sells 47 different varieties of jelly beans with things like shortcake and butterscotch but I always find that none of them taste particularly like they're supposed to...


Jelly Belly's/Jelly Beans

Post 17

Bagpuss

There's 49 official flavours, I think, but sometimes they try out new ones. Some of my favourites are Very Cherry, Top Banana and Rosie Apple. As for buttered popcorn, it's nearly as bad as peanut butter and bloody Mary flavours.


Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans

Post 18

Bagpuss

Hmmm, HP Wizard Store seems to be repackaging Jelly Bellies and selling them as above (with US spelling) in order to cash in on Pottermania. I just wonder if bogey and earwax flavours appear.


Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans

Post 19

Thog the G & A D.P. of Loon;Muse of A.P., M.G.G.C.,and Whipped Cream; Lurker; BFG;aka The Loinclothed One (have you seen it?)

Indeed...
Earwax, bogie, dirt, earthworm, and I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few "mouldering flesh" ones in some choice packets...
For future reference, dirt doesn't taste very good... Haven't tried the mouldering flesh.


Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans

Post 20

Bagpuss

Are those the actual flavours or are you making it up?


Key: Complain about this post