A Conversation for Perth, Western Australia

A452657 - Perth, Western Australia

Post 1

Almighty Rob - mourning the old h2g2

This isn't the usual Peer Review type entry. I just want my entry combined with an existing Edited entry, because I think it deals with some things that need mentioning that have been ignored.

My entry is at: http://www.h2g2.com/A452657
The edited entry is at: http://www.h2g2.com/A151444

What do you think? What bits should be added or altered? Is there anything that isn't covered by either entry that you think should be? Are there any other researchers from Perth?

Actually, I think every entry about a place (and there are tons of those) should include a list of researchers who live there... to help with organising meets, etc.

cheers
Rob


A452657 - Perth, Western Australia

Post 2

Hypoman

I suspect that combining the two entries is a good idea, Bob...smiley - winkeye!

I think that your entry is considerably more comprehensive than the exisitng edited entry, and for that reason alone deserves some sort of inclusion. I've only been to Perth once, and enjoyed it enormously for all the reasons you allude to in your article, but that was before the 1980s...smiley - bigeyes! The only things I can suggest for 'adding or altering' are a bit more description of night life (everyone who travels to a place wants to know about this!) and the sights. You do a good job on Rottnest, for example - why not expand what you've written on the bars etc. in the same way?

I'm not so sure about your suggestion of tracking researchers to places - enough of us know each other here that knowing each othert IRL may be a really, really bad idea...smiley - smiley Organising meets and stuff can already be done through Peta as a first reference - and even through the front page if there's enough people likely to be involved.


A452657 - Perth, Western Australia

Post 3

Kes

The earlier article is rather lacking - I'd like to see it updated with this information!


A452657 - Perth, Western Australia

Post 4

Tube - the being being back for the time being

A Good article indeed. smiley - smiley Maybe the two could be merged?


Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Perth, Western Australia'.

Back to Entry - article used to Update Edited Entry A151444 Perth, Western Australia


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Perth, Western Australia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more