A Conversation for Ayrton Senna

Flea Market: A441136 - Ayrton Senna

Post 1

Researcher 154066

http://www.h2g2.com/A441136

Please consider this for the Sportsmen section og h2g2.


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 2

Demon Drawer

Very factual could you add a little to tell us about the emmotion of the man, and maybe a little more about the tragedy and void that his death left to F1. Including the fact that pole was left empty at the next race in his honour at Monaco for example.


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 3

Researcher 154066

Will be doing so later,had sadly forgotten about Monaco.


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 4

Demon Drawer

Also there is already an approved entry on Eddie Irvine which mention's they little coming to blows in Eddie's early career. Which could be linked to help show the single mindedness of Senna. A little on how he was better at cutting through trafiisc than Prost and the king of the wet. He was dynamite when the road was against him.


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 5

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

Hello... there is still a lot to be done with the Senna article, and i do think work on it should be continued.
Researcher, are you still 'down with it'?


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 6

Global Village Idiot

Hello? Mr/Miss Researcher?
smiley - nahnah
No, they're not responding. smiley - smiley

It is indeed a terrible omission that the Guide has no entry on (arguably) the greatest racing driver ever.

However, this clearly isn't yet a fitting tribute to such a figure. It needs a fair bit of work on the structure, and a lot of background information, anecdotes, things to fill out the picture of Senna as a man (or demi-god if you prefer).

Give the lack of activity from the original author, I feel this could be a candidate for the Writing Workshop.

GVI


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 7

Sue

Just sticking my nose in here.

Yes, it needs more work, but I just wanted to say that I was impressed by the way the entry managed to stay neutral. So much that is written on Senna is very unbalanced, either in the 'Senna is god' or 'Senna is an egotistical idiot' camp.

Just MHO smiley - smiley


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 8

Global Village Idiot

Thanks, Sue - everyone nose has equal sticking rights round here smiley - winkeye

I agree: if it was an uncritical piece asserting his divine status (I was kidding, by the way), we would get complaints from fans of Schumacher, Mansell or Fangio - but at the moment I think it's too biased towards dry statistics. While the Guide always aims to be factual, its great charm (IMHO) is when it gives you that little bit more than the bald facts.

I'd like to hear about Senna's friends, too - Gerhard Berger, for instance. I'd like to be told that his number of pole positions was a record, and how Schumacher broke down in tears when he equalled it. I'd like to hear about his epic battles - especially with Prost when the two McLarens won 15 of the season's 16 races.

Most of all, I'd like to be given more of an impression just why Senna was the most revered driver of his time - the word 'talent' isn't mentioned - I'm sure he had more than just intensity and commitment.

GVI


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 9

Sue

True!
smiley - smiley


A441136-Ayrton Senna

Post 10

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

GVI!
In response to your request; got the skeleton here, but needs the flesh! If the Researcher isn't around, then this should go to the WW and maybe another Sennaphile will pick it up and run. But we definitely need an entry on the Man!
TheOkapi smiley - biggrin


Conversation Moved

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.


Conversation Moved

Post 12

SomeMuppet

If no-one else minds I'd like to pick this one up over the next couple of weeks.


Conversation Moved

Post 13

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I would like to try and attempt this for myself.. If no one else has any plans for it.


Conversation Moved

Post 14

Wilma Neanderthal

Go for it, Lil.... if you do start working on it, could you post the new entry number on here so this one is removed eventually (when you hit the FP smiley - magic)

smiley - ok
W


Conversation Moved

Post 15

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hi Wilma smiley - smiley

I did two entries, using this one as my inspiration.

They both Front Paged together last week smiley - biggrin

A12511955 Ayrton Senna - Racing Legend

A12511991 Ayrton Senna - The Formula 1 Years



lil xx
smiley - magic


Conversation Moved

Post 16

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - boing (I knew that smiley - blush)

Cool! I will post this to the EF then

smiley - run

smiley - nur

smiley - hug

smiley - biggrin

smiley - run


Conversation Moved

Post 17

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I didn't know that.. smiley - hug

Thank you.. smiley - biggrin


Conversation Moved

Post 18

Wilma Neanderthal

That's ok, Lil... it's usually Matt who does it and others, but I have aload to do today smiley - rofl sso I am doing my procrastinating in FM... asyerdo.

F47997?thread=2395479

In case you ever need to procrastinate smiley - winkeye


Conversation Moved

Post 19

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - ok

Thank you, I have made a note of that smiley - hugsmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post