A Conversation for Musicians Guild Membership Page
Deadelvis - The Chamber of Sillyness Posted Dec 6, 2003
h2g2 Musicians Guild Posted Dec 8, 2003
hell there, deadelvis, and welcome to the musicians' guild! your badge awaits at A434648.
Lemony Posted Dec 11, 2003
Hello, can I join please?!
I play the flute (Grade 8 Associated Board) and basically anything else I can get my hands on. I would absolutely love to have a play on a set of bagpipes! My claim to fame is playing with HM Royal Marines in a concert after being picked along with three others from a masterclass session, that was just amazing.
I used to be a cellist and wish I had never given up, but have since taught myself piano, clarinet, saxophone and guitar.
I used to sing in a large choir as well as a smaller chamber choir - sang alto just to spare the audience's ears from my soprano screech!
I also performed in a pub last year singing an Eva Cassidy cover with a friend on guitar.
I studied music to A level standard and then had to make a difficult career choice and went down the science route. That's about it I think.
Lemony Posted Dec 11, 2003
Sorry, forgot to say that I really like female singer / songwriters, but anything from Pink Floyd to Bjork and i'm happy. I take part in a music quiz every week that focuses on music from the last 40 years. We usually come second!
Lemony Posted Dec 12, 2003
Danny B Posted Dec 12, 2003
h2g2 Musicians Guild Posted Dec 15, 2003
OK, Lemony, you're now all official (well, as 'official' as it gets round here )
You'll find the membership badge at A434648.
vanamonde Posted Dec 22, 2003
hi, i'm a music enthusiast, first
i have played : guitar, bass, piano, and flute, but if i picked them up tomorrow, i wouldn't remember how... i might need some time to get my chops back on those, but right now i could play some bongos or a dijeridoo, and i'm singing with some friends in something that is not a band.
i beleive that music is one of the best catalysts for human developement that our race has developed so far, and that creative experimentation of all sorts is important.
my favorite well-known band is tool, with radiohead in a close second. i love all kinds of music, especially jazz, pychodelic rock, and anything inovative, layered, or fun.
h2g2 Musicians Guild Posted Dec 23, 2003
welcome to the musicians' guild, vanamonde! you'll find your membership badge at A434648. enjoy!
Rhianne Posted Jan 8, 2004
Hello I'm Rhianne.
1) I'm a soprano, but i also play the violin (very badly, but still i play him) and im teaching myself the piano and guitar at the moment. I sing in the national youth choirs of great britain, Tees Valley Youth Choir and the soulband About Time. I also lead the 2nd violins in the Egglescliffe School Orchestra (Currently the leading school orchestra in the country as won in the National Festival of Music for youth, About Time also won the award for the best ensemble)
2) My favourite composer! talk about a tuff question, as a chorister i mean there's always the obvious John Rutter what a legend! I also love Shostakovich and Beethoven well who doesn't love Beethoven really. Puccini writes some absolutely beautiful stuff aswell, oooo such a hard question! I'm also into other music like Michelle Branch (she plays the guitar and sings)
3)Im studying Music A Level, i came across this page by looking for infomation on Dido and Aeneas, so I guess i thought this might be useful for doing research and just generally getting information and interesting facts about things. I realy am. lol
Andrew 3.0 Pro Posted Jan 11, 2004
1) I play guitar, and i use the computer to do technoish stuff
available here: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=133784&T=3691
and here: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=211591&T=2960
2: I have a number of favorite bands, in fact far too many to list.
3: I just feel like talking about music.
h2g2 Musicians Guild Posted Jan 12, 2004
Hello to Rhianne and Andrew
You'll find the membership badge at A434648.
Tray_D Posted Jan 15, 2004
I play just about anything I can get my hands on, having started with the tuba and gone crazy from there. My main specialty is bass playing, both electric and upright. I use Dean 5 string in bars, but I have a Warwick Dolphin Pro 5 fretless for studio work.
I don't really like to pick a favorite band/composer, nor do I think I can. Well as far as rock goes, Queen. Jazz, Charles Mingus or Duke Ellington. Classical, probably Beethoven.
I wish to join the guild mostly as a way of seeing what others are doing with their music outside of my playing area of midwest American cities. For the last six years or so I've dedicated the majority of my time to seeing the inside of every bar, concert hall, or any kind of rock (reggae/punk/techno/r&b) venue within an eight hour drive of my home in Columbus, Ohio. I've played for numbers ranging from 0 (yes, literally 0) up too 35,000. There's so much more going on than that and thats what I want from the guild. Just the knowledge of what everyone sees happening with music around them.
h2g2 Musicians Guild Posted Jan 16, 2004
greetings tray_d, and welcome to the musicians' guild! your name will be added to the roster shortly. in the meantime you can collect your badge at A434648.
have fun, and do subscribe to the conversations!
'Fonly-Idapa Posted Jan 20, 2004
To: The Musicians'Guild
I'd like to join up. I play the piano and am currently taking lessons. At my teacher's pupils' concert on Dec. 27,'03, I played January from Tchaikowsky's Seasons, Impromptu in E flat by Schubert and a Prelude by Liadov - just to give you an idea of my level. I've large gaps in my musical training, especially in theory (altho' I play by ear, and have several arrangements of pop pieces to my credit). I've spent a lot of time and money on my musical development and still have a long way to go, and would like to be part of a community of musicians. Best Wishes
h2g2 Musicians Guild Posted Jan 22, 2004
Welcome to the Guild - there is a membership badge at A434648.
'Fonly-Idapa Posted Jan 22, 2004
I followed thro' at A434648. The result was negative in that I received the printout as follows: (in black). I've been trying to add some animation into the data in My Space and get the same message. Would you be able to explain why? For a start, what is meant by "top level element" and "XML". Sorry to bother you.
Danny B Posted Jan 22, 2004
I'll forward your query to someone who may be able to help..!
I do know that when I get "XML error" messages, simply refreshing the page helps - sometimes the servers just get tetchy!
I'll get back to you...
Key: Complain about this post
- 721: Deadelvis - The Chamber of Sillyness (Dec 6, 2003)
- 722: h2g2 Musicians Guild (Dec 8, 2003)
- 723: Lemony (Dec 11, 2003)
- 724: Lemony (Dec 11, 2003)
- 725: Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ? (Dec 11, 2003)
- 726: Lemony (Dec 12, 2003)
- 727: Danny B (Dec 12, 2003)
- 728: Lemony (Dec 12, 2003)
- 729: h2g2 Musicians Guild (Dec 15, 2003)
- 730: vanamonde (Dec 22, 2003)
- 731: h2g2 Musicians Guild (Dec 23, 2003)
- 732: Rhianne (Jan 8, 2004)
- 733: Andrew 3.0 Pro (Jan 11, 2004)
- 734: h2g2 Musicians Guild (Jan 12, 2004)
- 735: Tray_D (Jan 15, 2004)
- 736: h2g2 Musicians Guild (Jan 16, 2004)
- 737: 'Fonly-Idapa (Jan 20, 2004)
- 738: h2g2 Musicians Guild (Jan 22, 2004)
- 739: 'Fonly-Idapa (Jan 22, 2004)
- 740: Danny B (Jan 22, 2004)