A Conversation for Lester and the Unusual Pet

humming quietly to myself

Post 1

White Hart

I must show this article to all of the people who accuse me of being a loony and making Lester and the Unusual Pet up.

I thought Otto was blue, although if you have access to a copy it's probably my memory playing tricks on me.

Do you think anyone else knows what we're on about, or even here are we still the only two people to have read the book? (Or at least to admit to it!)


humming quietly to myself

Post 2

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

Otto was pink; Lester was blue. I've never found anyone else who's read the book, here or elsewhere. Weird.


humming quietly to myself

Post 3

Henry Yorke

I have read the book when I was young (I'm 27 now). I need to have a copy to read to my daughter (10 months).

The only reason I found this page was because I called someone Flap Earred Lorna and they looked at me funny, so I tried to find a picture. Everyone remebers Arrabella and Mortimer (Never-more!) which was another Quinten Blake illustrated classic but not Lester. I think I remember seeing it on Jackanory at some stage, but I could be wrong!


humming quietly to myself

Post 4

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

With me it's always calling someone a potato animal that gets the funny looks; then you have to try and explain the whole thing from scratch. I think it's tragic that you can't seem to get hold of the book anymore, which is one more reason I'm holding on to mine like grim death.

The Prophet.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lester and the Unusual Pet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more