A Conversation for Project Girl Scouts & Girl Guides

Anyone interested in helping?

Post 1

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

If anyone is interested in helping to research/write articles on any of the above topics (or other topics you think would be good additions to this project), please let me know. I'm willing to help as much as I can -- with research suggestions, editing, and GuideML formatting.

Thanks lots!


Anyone interested in helping?

Post 2

Sue

If you're still looking for help on the UK side I'll give it a go.

I'm still pretty new to this writing lark, but as an ex (very enthusiastic) Brownie and Girl Guide, I'm sure I can dredge up something. Oh & my big sister was a Brownie & Guide leader too, I could pick her brains.

Let me know?


Anyone interested in helping?

Post 3

broelan

sorry i'm late (i seem to start a lot of conversations out that way). i'm not sure how much help i can be, and i know i wouldn't have anything 'finished' by the 31st, but i did manage to save some songbooks and song sheets, i used to sing camp songs to my son as lullabyes (well, some of them, not all of them would be conducive to naptime.) i also have limited experience with the camping aspect, with two years as a resident camp counselor and numerous weekend campouts with younger troops. my hesitation is that all of my experience is in the council of greater st. louis, i'm sure different regions would have different things to add. i would be willing to start with what i know tho, also may have a good person to research with (offline).

hope you haven't given up hope yet smiley - smiley


Anyone interested in helping?

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I could definitely still use help on the UK stuff. If you look at the "Girl Scouts of the USA" entry I've done, what I'd ideally like is something similar to that, but on UK guiding. Obviously, there's no point in spending too much time duplicating the information/content that is the same, so it wouldn't necessarily need to be as long.

Anyways, if you'd still be interested, you could create an entry from your "my space" page, and let me know when you get it started.

thanks tons!

mikey


Anyone interested in helping?

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Nope, haven't given up yet! Actually, I've managed to muddle quite a bit of the way through it thus far. If you have any ideas for songs to add to the ones I already have on there, please let me know!

What I could *really* use is someone to write an entry on Girl Scout camps. It needn't be long, or anything -- mostly we'd just need a description of what Girl Scout camps are for, who goes, when they are, what the girls do, where they are. Ideally, it would be awesome to get some basic stats from GSUSA (maybe by emailing or calling someone on the contact list on their website?), like "how many GS camps there are in the US" or "about how many girls go to GS camp every year", etc.

Anyways, let me know if you'd be interested in anything like that!

Mikey


Anyone interested in helping?

Post 6

Sue

OK Mikey, I'm on it!

I've had a look at the USA entry you've done, as you would expect there are a lot of similarities but I'm pretty sure there's enough differences to make an interesting entry out of. I'll post up the entry number here as & when.

I'm going to enjoy this...it will bring back a lot of happy memories.
smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more