The Journals of Skankyrich

0 Conversations


Like most people, I've written a huge number of journals since I got here. Although they're of no significance whatsoever to anyone else, I wanted to make my own little archive of my favourites, because some are still quite good fun, vaguely interesting or mark significant events in my life.


If you're not me, please do not post to them if you've just found them here. Think of them as slightly musty museum exhibits preserved in formaldehyde. Unless you've been looking for one in particular, just post any thoughts at the bottom of this page instead.

Life

  • 04.10.04 - Wigs: My first journal.

  • 30.03.05 - Quote of the Day: A Motty classic

  • 26.06.05 - You Learn Something New Every Day: Lessons from a weekend of my life.

  • 14.07.05 - Camp and no camp: Rather wired witterings from a post-camping Rich.

  • 20.07.05 - Obituary: My Grandad Pipe dies at the ages of 101.

  • 18.09.05 - An Odd Memory: A hitchhiking memory comes back to me at Droitwich.

  • 17.01.06 - I Don't Believe It!: One of favourite journals - some complaints from Christmas and New Year 2005.

  • 02.10.06 - Lost: A Tenner: In which I lose a tenner and work out what happened to it three posts later.

  • 28.01.07 - Sad News: Lainey's Dad dies.

  • 08.03.07 - Jimmy White and Torquay: In which I meet Jimmy White. In Torquay.

The Universe

  • 14.10.05 - A Sense Of Place: Heading for the total perspective vortex.

  • 08.12.05 - Read The Post: My first involvement with the august organ1.

  • 21.03.06 - Happy Goshoday: Slightly disturbing that I remembered the exact day, but there you go.

  • 29.03.06 - My Hootoo: One of my many good-intentioned bits of navel-gazing.

  • 09.06.08 - Off Out For a Smoke: Where I leave h2g2. And come back after three days.

  • 30.08.06 - Grumpiness?: I stir up a heap of controversy and accuse Gnomon of writing dull Entries.

Everything

  • 09.08.05 - The Forthcoming h2g2 Elections: In which I dare anyone to come up with a good reason not to vote for King 2legs.

  • 21.09.05 - Spooky: A terrifying supernatural experience.

  • 02.10.05 - Friendship Poem: Clever.

  • 04.01.06 - Anyone Fancy A...?: In which I sort out everyone's dream requests. Reprised in A Christmas Wish.

  • 14.02.07 - Typoos: A couple of my cousin's best.

  • 27.02.07 - The Garden According to St Skanky: In which I garden in the style of The Bible. Obviously.

  • 10.11.06 - Shamswatch: This thread is considered active for future sightings.


More to come...

1In fact, it wasn't - it was just my first journal about it. According too one of The Post's email logs, I arrived on the team at 2.31pm on Nov 8, 2005.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A42307481

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more