A Conversation for of fugues & fireflies | a.k.a. Grand Mal

Nicely Written

Post 1

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I liked this piece
the narrator seemed very real to me smiley - smiley


Nicely Written

Post 2

sadi_ranson_polizzotti - all in a golden afternoon....

HEy Wow! Thanks a zillion... i am very glad to hear such good news and grateful at that.

Nice to wake up to some kind words and thanks for reading. it is a bit long, but i'm really glad i submitted it here.

Thanks again and be well,

sadi smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - cheerssmiley - smooch


Nicely Written

Post 3

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

keep at it
I've noticed a couple of your pieces and they have all been good to read even if some have had trouble finding their eventual home
sometimes this place is a bit bureaucratic but if you persevere I think both the site and hopefully you will benefit smiley - smiley


Nicely Written

Post 4

sadi_ranson_polizzotti - all in a golden afternoon....

smiley - cheerssmiley - biggrinDear Blackberry:

thanks for your words and i AM trying. Yes, i understand what you say about things, but i'll just keep trying. who knows, maybe the Stephen Glass piece iwll make it in. I hope so. And i have another piece in AWW that looks like it is doing quie well, so we'll see. I just have to keep trying... and you are right....

so thanks so much for the HUGE kind words and vote of confidence. I WILL keep trying, though it is hard to see the piece and then not have it published when i know it could be published elsewhere, so that part is hard because once i post it here, it's gone. I'm hoping that this will pay off in the final account.

I've already had one piece published by Fiction, so that's exciting and i hold onto that. and we'll see if the next piece lands anywhere good. I'd be thrilled and so i'll keep on trying...

thanks again..... will keep trying smiley - biggrinsmiley - cheerup


Nicely Written

Post 5

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a place that suits all your pieces
I'm lucky, I mostly write dry pieces about long-dead history which seems to be what is ideal for the guide at present smiley - winkeye


Nicely Written

Post 6

sadi_ranson_polizzotti - all in a golden afternoon....

smiley - cheerssmiley - runoh, dear blackberry

no self depracting. i can't even seem to get in the guide and lord knows i'm trying hard. i know how it goes, but you know, some pieces make it... fiction etc, for me... but i'm known for my NONfiction, yet here, it seems to not make it which frustrates me because as i said, i could place it elsewhere successfully but once it is here, then it is BBC owned. so... i hope something makes it in to make it all worthwhile. i like this site very much and i'll keep on trying.

i am hopeful about the shattered glass piece; it seems to cover a very important journalistic issue that woudl be good for the BBC OR, i could
write about my reminscences of Donald S. Carne Ross, former head of the BBC at one point (in the 50s? not sure....) an old and dear friend.

Might be a good piece for here but i would need some guarantee that it would run and that we do interviews at all...

any ideas about that? do we do interviews?

let me know if you know.... i'm still new and trying to find out information...

sadismiley - cheerssmiley - cheerup


Nicely Written

Post 7

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I think an interview would probably work better for the Post than for the Edited Guide.
As for the copyright as I understand it the BBC just likes it to be original work when it appears here and not copyright anywhere else. You still own copyright and can use it elsewhere (so long as elsewhere doesn't have a similar policy to the BBC) but have given the BBC the right to use it as it sees fit. Might be wise to check that with 1 of the Peer Review experts though.
Self-deprecation, what can I say, I'm British, its a speciality smiley - winkeye


Nicely Written

Post 8

sadi_ranson_polizzotti - all in a golden afternoon....

oh, being British i know all about self depractation...yes THE POST would be a good place for this.... will they come around here to see it ? i think they picked this up.

NOw i'm waiting to hear on Letter to Caleb or Waltz XO...

thanks for you advice. I suppose if the guide or whomever passes on something, then i can delete from here and maybe use elsewhere but i'll check the rules again...

thanks for the advice and help, blackberry!

smiley - smileysmiley - magic


Key: Complain about this post