A Conversation for Seattle

Would you mind if....

Post 1

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hey -- Would you mind if I recommended this one to Peer Review? It's really quite good, and if it went through and was approved, then I wouldn't have to feel so guilty about the guide not having an entry on where I live.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


Would you mind if....

Post 2

Yeliab {h2g2as}

I thought I'd replyed to this post ages ago. Strange.

Hay that woud be really great!!
And if you would like to do an insiders quide to be combined with this it would be even bettersmiley - smiley

Yeliab


Would you mind if....

Post 3

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Bailey --

No, you're not imagining things -- you had replied to this. I posted it in two places to make sure you'd find it. smiley - smiley And I'm working on an insider's bit to Seattle -- once I get that done, I'll post them to Peer Review for us.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


Would you mind if....

Post 4

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Yekim
Supreli dooperly, that will be great!

I thought I wasn't seeing double, or even single for that matter smiley - bigeyes

Yeliab Salohcin


Would you mind if....

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

OK -- before I write my bits, here are some things about yours that need fixing up:

1) when you say "which has taken over the Seattle Coffee Company", are you referring to "Seattle's Best Coffee Company"? anyways, that bit needs to be done as a footnote rather than in parantheses.

2) not only was the Space Needle designed as a temporary attraction, it was designed as such for the World's Fair, wasn't it?

3) you need to change the places where you've put text in colors - not allowed in edited guide entries.

4) microsoft is in redmond, not richmond.

5) I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about when you "university hill". There are *tons* of places in Seattle to get that same view, so I would probably just strike that sentence.

6) In the Seattle Center paragraph, you should have links to the websites where possible -- I know EMP has a website, and I'm pretty sure the science center does as well.

7) Museum of Flight -- first, take out the first person bit, second add a link, third put it with the boeing bit, as it's on the boeing property.

8) I'm pretty sure the Rosalyn cafe from the TV show has been torn down.

I will write bits on the Fremont district, the zoo, and Snoqualmie Falls soon.

smiley - smiley
Mikey



Would you mind if....

Post 6

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Excelent suggestions and mistake points, I'll change as soon as I've finished my matrices coursework.

I went in August last year to Royslins cafe, and it was cirtainly still stading then. I've got their web address so I'll check and link.

Cheers,

Nick


Removed

Post 7

Yeliab {h2g2as}

This post has been removed.


Would you mind if....

Post 8

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Arg, they got the url with loads of spaces in it. Anyway, I'm just changing the entry, and found the Roslyn Cafe link which is fine (they are still going!)

Just looking for other links.


Would you mind if....

Post 9

Yeliab {h2g2as}

There you go. More links than you can shake a good sized stick at. Silly I never did that before really.

The only think I didn't go was put the Mus of Flight with the boeing bit as it would make the paragraph too long and boaring to read.


Would you mind if....

Post 10

Yeliab {h2g2as}

Have a coffee on me smiley - coffee


Key: Complain about this post