Pork in Cider Casserole
It took a bit off fiddling to find a really delicious recipe, hence the appearance of a few surprising ingredients. The beauty of this dish is that it doesn't need a lot of attention - you can shove it in the oven and go off and do what you like for a couple of hours.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 pork loin steaks, or 400g - 14oz - pork fillet
- 350ml - 12 fl oz - dry cider
- 100ml - 3½ fl oz - cider vinegar
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 pork stock cube
- 1 tbsp szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon (fresh or dried)
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
What To Do
- Lightly oil a shallow casserole dish. Chop the pork into largeish
chunks and add them to the dish with all the other ingredients.
- Place in an oven at a low heat (140°C/Gas Mark 2) for about an
hour and three quarters. Stir once halfway through
- Serve with green peas and plain boiled potatoes which will soak up the delicious juices.
We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe
but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be copyright. Send your suggestions or recipes to Shazz.