A Conversation for Running With Scissors

'if you don't.........

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

......understand it, don't put your money into it' is perhaps the most and best advice anyone could possibly give.
of course, i WILL NOT pay for a plasma, wide-screen, 400-channel teevee, i don't care, get off your butt, DO something useful, instead of blobbing out, clicking from channel to channel.
as springsteen sang, '57 channels and there's nothing on.'
i have had a library card since age something, and CANNOT walk past a bookstore, i have found used book stores, dollar stores and staying the hey out of malls fairly effective.
you do good advice.
smiley - musicalnote


'if you don't.........

Post 2

quizzical

Thank you... smiley - blush

I think the trick to owning electronic gear of any sort is to wait until the prices come down. You pay a premium for being one of the early adopters of any technology. And those of us who've been around long enough to see various formats come and go begin to suspect that we're just spending money to go nowhere. After a while it's tempting to get off the treadmill altogether..


'if you don't.........

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

more than tempting. this box o'circuits is '95, upgraded to '98 with a new memory chip and a new video chip in '04 and '03.
heck, i bought a CD before i had a CD player
smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Running With Scissors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more