A Conversation for The Chamber of Secrets: The Social and Mechanical History of the Toilet

Peer Review: A4101904 -

Post 1

theenglishman101

Entry: - A4101904
Author: theenglishman101 - U1564104

Leave your comments here.


A4101904 -

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Okay.

Firstly, you're supposed to give each entry a title.
Secondly, have you read this Edited Entry? A604289


A4101904 -

Post 3

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Did you take notice of what Mikey said on your 'Small Intestine Cancer' thread?

"It looks like you've submitted quite a few entries to Peer Review on your first day here at h2g2. Usually, it's a good idea to focus on one or two at a time -- especially while you're still getting used to the site, but it's good advice no matter how long you've been here"....

As you seem quite interested in contributing to our Edited Guide here at h2g2, it would be a good idea for you to become familiar with the Writing-Guidelines.

Do you have any questions about how things work here in Peer Review?...

Also, somebody else, elsewhere advised you not to contribute anything else until you were familiar with the Writing Guidelines.

smiley - biggrin


A4101904 -

Post 4

Dr Hell

Hmmm... True. There are details in this one that are not covered in *my* (ahem) Edited Entry on the topic. Maybe you could sort bits out and make a more specific Entry in the lines of "The development of the modern water flush toilet in the west..." and give it a different title. Big chunks of this Entry would have to go, however... ;) HELL PPS: I just came from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F48874?thread=621584&latest=1 And read this in this Entry... "Toilets are one of the most � ah � unique inventions on the planet" Funny...


A4101904 -

Post 5

theenglishman101

oops...gotta figure out how to edit it first XD. smiley - wah


A4101904 -

Post 6

Dr Hell

C'mon! You managed to whip out four or five Entries and put them in PR... How come you don't know how to edit your own Entry?

Newbie, am I right?

Look - go to the Entry (follow the link on the first comment in this thread). Once you have reached your own Entry click on the 'EDIT THIS ENTRY' button - it is only available to you BTW.

If you need more help just smiley - wah again!

smiley - winkeye HELL (smiley - dontpanic I'm here to help)


A4101904 -

Post 7

theenglishman101

smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wah Just kidding thanks alot. Most of these entries were heavily-researched school projects. I am planning to post biblios in each of my discussion forums to discuss sources.


A4101904 -

Post 8

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Elvis ?

Am I right in assuming there is another toilet entry ? In that case back to entry ?


A4101904 -

Post 9

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Seconded.


A4101904 -

Post 10

Dr Hell

Jon_m, never read A604289 ?

Thirded, superfluously.

HELL


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Chamber of Secrets: The Social and Mechanical History of the Toilet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more