A Conversation for Village de la Vavoom

Someday Cottage

Post 21

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

*"Jumps" up from her chair (its more of an arthritic lurch) and hold out her hands to Kasia.*

Welcome! Welcome, Kasia. This is Gwennie! Oooo! Green tea, and such a pretty box. Thank you, you didn't have to. *Busily begins to brew up a fresh pot of the tangy smelling green tea.* Sit down, sit down and have some cinnamon rolls. They're still warm from the oven. Gwennie's been showing me the pictures of her seaside vacation. Make yourself comfortable and tell us all about yourself. Gwennie, Kasia is a musician. No, dear, I stole those pictures. Nothing to it, just right click and there you are. Now, have you picked out a cottage for yourself, and what will you call it? Don't worry about the phone call. Use the phone all you like. Did Coely mention anything about that structure at the end of her garden?


Someday Cottage

Post 22

coelacanth

*The mail arrives. Nothing interesting, just junk, which Mari-rae flicks through idlely. One or two items catch her attention. The clothing store has a sale, and have sent her their catalogue. One page features a man wearing trousers that are held up by a natty pair of braces. Another shows a scantily clad young girl in stockings which are held up by a frilly set of suspenders.
Mari-Rae tuts disapprovingly. "She should put a vest on too" she mutters.*


Someday Cottage

Post 23

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

No, she is thinking that the girl should be wearing a camisole that matches her frilly garters. (am I close? I knew I was right about the braces!! smiley - winkeye)


Someday Cottage

Post 24

coelacanth

*On the next page is a man wearing a long pair of socks. They are prevented from falling down by a pair of elastic garters worn just under his knee*
smiley - fish


Someday Cottage

Post 25

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Mhmmm, those cinnamon rolls are just yummy, Mari-Rae!
Well, I have picked the #20 for me and named it The Rainbow Cottage. There were some probs to get to it, cause there was no lane, but Amy fixed it in the meanwhile. I proposed Magnolia Lane as the name - is it okay?

Erm... Mari-Rae, unfortunately I'm not a musican (although I was member of a choir some centuries ago - Mezzosoprano, yep), but I do love music, especially jazz, as you know. I'm mad about books (John Irving is my favourite), I read everything: so called literature, but also such 'disgusting' (for some people) things like mysteries, love romances (preferably those playing in the Regency time), books about movies, jazz and also biographies. And of course I love this place here, the h2g2. It's so different from another internet communities I know, because this is creative and this makes it so interesting for me.

Oh, and I apologize for this phone call.

I hope you will visit me in the Rainbow cottage soon.

Last news: I become Landlady of the Crossed Purposes (speak: the village's pub).


Someday Cottage

Post 26

GOD

* Ding-Dong !!! *

Oh...Hello Mari-Rae... smiley - smiley

* HE stands there decked out in overalls, reading glasses & a pair of hedge clippers in one hand... *

I just thought I would stop by with some lovely flowers... smiley - smiley

I've just started moving things into MY new church up the road...

I hope the local council allows all the standard deductions & tax exemptions for the religious community... smiley - winkeye

smiley - fish - Simply, High Spirited.


Someday Cottage

Post 27

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Welcome, to you! But I have to become rude here and ask you all to shift over to http://www.h2g2.com/A410059 now, please. I'm trying to set up an organized method for people to get around in the village.

Thanks!


Key: Complain about this post