A Conversation for pro-life and pro-choice

Thanks.

Post 1

Lemon Blossom (aka Athena Albatross)

Thanks for sharing that. I'd heard that situations where abortion was necesary to save the mother's life happened--but I'd never heard a first-hand account of one before.


<>

I find it hard to believe that that wasn't illegal to the point of being something he could lose his liscence over. It certainly ought to be.


Thanks.

Post 2

azahar

Thanks for your reply, Lemon.

Also glad you've gone back to that name - it was always my favourite one for you.

Yes, if I'd had my wits about me more at the time I would have taken this guy to court for malpractice. But I was just such an emotional mess and then shortly afterwards moved away from Salamanca.

I reckon there are many instances where having an elective termination to save the mother's life is valid. I was recently told by *a certain researcher* that there was never ANY MEDICAL REASON AT ALL for a woman to terminate a pregnancy, which really made my blood boil (as you can imagine). Of course, this person is anti-abortion, so I guess that says it all.

I was told I had a 20% chance of dying if I continued with my pregnancy - I was told this by three doctors. Those are one-in-five odds, and frankly, I wasn't about to gamble with my life given those odds. Though perhaps to a die-hard anti-abortionist I was simply being selfish? In any case, it wasn't a decision I made lightly - I got all the information I could before finally going ahead with the termination. If others have a problem with this, frankly, f**k them, you know?


az


Thanks.

Post 3

Lemon Blossom (aka Athena Albatross)

<>

I suppose that's not surprising--I can't imagine I'd be thinking especially rationally in that situation.


<>

Knowing what certain researcher you probably mean, I'm not surprised they would have responded that way--it seems like their normal mode of operation.


<>

I certainly understand. While I hope I never get into that situation myself, if I ever do I certainly can't imagine I'd do anything different from what you did.


<>

Glad you like it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more