A Conversation for Caistor,North Lincolnshire, UK

Ch-ch-changes....2001

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

The shop that was once "Briggs" is now a bicycle and skate board type shop.

The post office is doing a "Walks around Caistor" leaflet.

The house on the corner at the top of Chapel lane has had its plaster taken off revealing that it was once a shop of some kind.

The TV hire place at the bottom of the hill has turned in to a gardening tool hire place.


Ch-ch-changes....2001

Post 2

Wand'rin star

Which end of Chapel Lane is the top?
Are we still down to 3 pubs?
Do gardening tools include chain saws?
Do gardening tool hire shope know any people for hire to work in gardens?
Given that many houses in the village were once shope . I do not understand the resistance to others being taken over for living in


Ch-ch-changes....2001

Post 3

Is mise Duncan

I didn't mean Chapel lane, sorry - the top of Castle Lane which is the one that runs from the bottom of the boarding house up to the Church.

I didn't go in the graden tools place but it has sit on lawnmowers and scarrifiers and stuff outside. They probably do petrol engined hedge trimmers as well, but not chain saws...you need special training to use them.

The Red Lion is closed, probably for good. I didn't actually go in to the White Hart/Talbot/Fleece but I assume they are still running.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more