How to find what you have lost

1 Conversation

Lost items is the result of one of two things; a lapse in your memory or a lapse in your organisation. Basically, if you are forgetful or your house is a mess - THINGS WILL GET LOST. So what do you do when the time comes when you need one of these lost items (apart from panicking and shouting at relatives for moving your stuff)?

Over the years people have thought of lots of ways to find things; retracing your steps, emptying out every draw, cupboard and desk. However, it seems that the most effective thing we can do is prevention: keep your things organised and your things should always be in the same place. Unfortunately, common judgement is that this requires too much effort and organisation skills to constantly maintain - and since to leave the system for even a second is hazardous, it is seldom used.

Finally, in answer to the question: "Why is it always in the last place you look?". The answer is simple - once you have found it, you don't keep looking!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3967130

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more