A Conversation for The Gurus' Home Page

ERROR!

Post 1

monkeylord5000

While using Google Chrome I tried to post a topic in the conversation forum. It gave me an error and so I tried again. It failed multiple times so I clicked on the 'My Space' button. It told me I was not registered and I clicked on 'Front Page' which told me I was logged on. So I went to my email to re-register, which I did. From then on I could not load the page on Chrome and an error page with the message: "There has been a problem with the page" appears. I am using Firefox now for h2g2 as the error persists.

Some quick background info: I had previously "re-registered" to log in because the page wouldn't let me log in any other way. It had showed me the same error message but after a short period, it went away. However it's been about a day since the error described above.

I don't know if you can do anything about it or what the problem is or even if this is the right place to post about my problem. Sorry for going on for a long time, and sorry if I caused any problems.

Thanks!smiley - ok


ERROR!

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Hello Monkeylord,

I think you will find that you have been caught up when the cache has been downloading. That back button is a marvelous thing for when the caching happens smiley - ok


lil xx


ERROR!

Post 3

monkeylord5000

Well that's what I did at first, but now when I try to even get to the page the error shows up, so if I hit the back button I'll just go back to my homepage.


ERROR!

Post 4

Pastey

Hi, we've got some problems at the moment I'm afraid. We think that a previously unknown issue glitched at the same time as the cache clearing started, and has left us with a corrupted cache. Unfortunately this cache is still building, and will take a bit longer yet before we're able to dump it and start a new one.


ERROR!

Post 5

monkeylord5000

All right, that's fine. Thanks for the response. I'll just use Firefox in the meantime.


ERROR!

Post 6

Pastey

If you're able to access in one browser but not another, there's a corrupted cookie.

Go to http://vogons.h2g2.com/logout then close your browser before opening it and logging on again. That should hopefully fix it.


ERROR!

Post 7

Cool Old Guy (ex-SockPuppet) Trying not to post for the next 200 days !

Cool old Guy smiley - cogs on a mission
"Sounds similar to what smiley - tit experiences. (though in all browsers I can find and on several computers)

Conciderig can use the conversations popup in Ripley, the full pages give similar error.

Stupid skin rash, even though the page does not show up, the unread count is reset.

'monkeylord5000' seems to have smiley - elvished since . . "


Key: Complain about this post