A Conversation for The Gurus' Home Page

Can I hae some Guru help please?

Post 1

Athena, Muse of Philosophy -1+7+9*(3+0!)+0=42

Hello, oh most exalted and technical Gurus!

I am having an issue with the guideml on one of my entrys, and the problem doesn't seem to be wondering off by itself. Can some one help me?

Here is the problem. I wrote an entry about Brazil, but someone beat me to having it in the edited guide by a few days. It was pointed out that I could use my entry as just Brazilian culture, if I took some stuff out. I did that, and didn't change the guideml at all, but now it doesn't work! It says there is an error, that such 'n' such is expecting GUIDE, and there is GUIDE, and everything looks fine and dandy to me, but it still won't work! Arg! I eventually just stuck it in plain text and went away. That is how it is now.

I would be much obliged if someone popped over to take a look... Thanks! The entry is: A685640 And the problem is currently lurking around The IndiansBad closing element SUBHEADER expecting GUIDE

smiley - cheers
Athena


Can I hae some Guru help please?

Post 2

Fashion Cat

Athena,

I think the problem can be seen right at the top of the page. Where you have




underneath you have


.

Then at the bottom of the article you have

Again, the tags can be removed.

Try removing the lower case tags in each case, and see if it works. smiley - smiley If not, shout again!

FC


Can I hae some Guru help please?

Post 3

Fashion Cat

There first Header tag needs to be closed so that it is not </HEADER.


There's also a couple of things I've spotted for future reference:

Tags should be in uppercase letters

The guide automatically puts the tags in for you when converting the entry from plain text to GuideML, and it looks like this is whats caused the error in your entry!

Also, you seem to put in some paragraphs with the tag but not others. I find that its easier to enclose every paragraph with this, and then if I need an extra line in between the tag works well.


And can I just say that the article is an extremely interesting read!

smiley - smiley FC


Can I hae some Guru help please?

Post 4

Fashion Cat

D'oh. It should be .

I'll go away now in case I make any more mistakes! smiley - winkeye


Can I hae some Guru help please?

Post 5

Athena, Muse of Philosophy -1+7+9*(3+0!)+0=42

Thanks guys! It works great now! Can't believe I posted twice. Thanx!

smiley - cheers
Athena


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more