A Conversation for Potty Trained Young English Speaker

Potty training: Anglo-Italian Style!

Post 1

frontiersman

Hi Deeety,
This is a fun look at your earliest memories of school; it often seems droll looking back on such times. Were you in Britain before returning to Italy, or another English speaking country?

I wish I could speak and write your beautiful 'Romantic' language as well as you evidently speak and write mine! I often wonder how much Latin influences, and is contained in Italian.
My potty training was done by persuasion with an open hand and a sharp word. My mother was no psychologist!! Neither was she a good teacher by any stretch of the imagination. I was an only child, and my mother a woman of very few words. So I was slow in the development of any language whatsoever! (Some say I still am!). Those days there were no TVs to sit me in front of, and the radio did not cater for very young children.
Having to start to learn to communicate on entering primary (infant's) school, when most others were streets ahead because they had enlightened parents, and /or siblings, was a traumatic time.
A good entry all round.

Ron




smiley - smiley


Potty training: Anglo-Italian Style!

Post 2

Deety


Hello Ron, thanks for the nice comments. I was walking passed a local artist’s studio recently and noticed a sign which read “Italian Spoken”. It was making fun at all the shops which display signs saying “English Spoken”. It got me thinking and I thought I would jot down these few memories. I read your reply with interest especially the part that you hadn’t a real command of the language when you first went to school even though you were born there.

I went to England at the age of four and went back at the age of 35ish. (about ten years ago). and had the same problem with Italian...

Anyhow have a peep at my village site on www.barganews.com


Key: Complain about this post

Potty training: Anglo-Italian Style!

More Conversations for Potty Trained Young English Speaker

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more