A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

A "where are you from?" page

Post 1

The Groob

A page could be introduced that shows where each researcher is from. The researcher would enter this information into their personal space, and the location page would compile these automatically. As an option, the location info could appear on the 'Who's Online' feature.

Researchers would have the option to be as specific as they like (Town and County) or just name their country. Obviously this would require a little policing to ensure dangerous information isn't published.

This idea would help researchers arrange real life meets, and if a researcher needed information about a specific area or country they could find the relevant people to contact.


A "where are you from?" page

Post 2

Whisky

Hmm, ICan has already got the facility for you to enter your postcode, it can then inform you of any entries that are local to you, but I don't know if you can actually search for people from specific locations.

The idea sounds quite interesting though.


A "where are you from?" page

Post 3

The Groob

I'd also like to see (if not already done) an area where you can list your top tens - books, songs, programmes, films, games, faves etc. which enables you to link up with people who share the same top-tens and to discuss.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more