A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

What Makes a web site great

Post 1

Terwal Oni

What makes a web site great, is a good layout and plenty of links using clear text or buttons.

Buttons can be part of the design or for good looking links. These buttons can be almost any shape clolour or size. What I suggest is to have a selection of buttons about 30 to 40 pixels in size, added to the list of graphics. The buttons are easy to create as gif's or jepg's, in graphic packages. I would like this idea to be taken up because it would break up the blocks of text that are too tight to read easily.


What Makes a web site great

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"You are free to use them. < A2156230 >"


What Makes a web site great

Post 3

SEF

As TiT already pointed out there are a number of small blobs - some deliberate, some accidental and some genuinely intended as buttons. In addition there are the smileys of course. The various dna site skins have images including buttons. GuideML also supports enough HTML to create your own buttons in a number of ways (eg TABLE, FONT and FORM in some instances).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more