A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 1

bobgnote

THIS board has long been a likely meeting place for serious English-language speakers and writers, but the BBC is either bumbling or tragically committed to a hidden, conservative agenda, which prevents GOOD, MODERN FEATURES, from accrual at this site.

I see no reason, that subjects should be so removed from any button access, so the BBC obviously hopes posters will simply GO AWAY. But h2g2 and the rest of the boards hope to prevent discourse or alarms, BY CLOSING THE BOARDS AT NIGHT, SINCE THE POINT OF THE BOARDS IS TO ENABLE MODERATORS TO ILLEGALLY DETERMINE MEDIA THAT IS FREE BY LAW.

The BBC generally tries to defraud all viewers, to spin dogmas, to enable the Boer-type (ISRAEL!) wars, but CAUSE us to pretend peace, AND LET THE GOVERNMENTS RAISE INTEREST, UNTIL FAILURE. Your boards ensure that agenda AND the ignorance it rides on must prevail. You prevent entries on all topics at all hours, OR AT ANY HOUR, by agenda.

Why should any government pretend peace, but wage WAR, to crush us all between the tax man, the police, the ANTI-VALUE BUBBLES, and the Chinese expansion? The BBC intends all this and ensures it, by maintaining terrible, part-time, over-moderated message boards, which disparage England, the UK, the English language, and all speakers of this tainted tongue, in great detail.


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 2

Zak T Duck

Please don't shout, I've got a headache. When I've got a headache and people are shouting I get irritable and grouchy. Believe me you don't want me to be grouchy. It's nasty and unpleasant and depressing. Not just for me either.

I was going to post a rebuttal to your post, but I don't really see the point.


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - titsmiley - headhurts
"As 'croz' wrote.

Why contribute to a site you do not like ? "


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

smiley - sorry should be 'Croz'


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 5

SEF

smiley - erm

1. I wouldn't have thought of the BBC site, especially this sub-site, as being "a likely meeting place for serious English-language speakers and writers". Some people have very limited internet access though. So the BBC has something of a captive audience. The dna area most aimed at writers, GetWriting, was closed though.

The loss of the old message board features is a cause for continuing complaint by many users. There was a vague suggestion that the BBC staff might add some features back - but no sign of that actually happening. Meanwhile, there are some scripts you can use with the Firefox(?) browser which simulate having some of the previous functionality, eg bold, italic and underline.

2. I don't understand your "so removed from any button access" point. Unless it's linked to the curfew/closure times. Those vary from board to board. Some BBC message boards had already had their opening hours cut long before the shift to dna. Others have had subsequent reductions or, alternatively, have even been allowed to queue posts overnight again.

Not sure about your capitalised "MEDIA" rant. Anyhow, board moderators cost money and that seems to be a funding issue which differs somewhat depending on which sub-faction of the BBC "owns" each sub-site.

3. The next bit looks to be some sort of weird paranoid conspiracy thingy but ends up apparently as a repeat of the opening hours complaint.

4. If I knew what an "anti-value bubble" was, I might want one! Yes, certain aspects of the site are bad and have even gone down in quality over the years (though there have also been bug and speed fixes). However, I don't see a particularly good match between those real problems and your complaint.


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 6

Elentari

I'd like to point out that the BBC is not part of the Government.


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 7

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

And that h2g2 is not a messageboard.


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 8

J'au-æmne

I fail to see in what respect this constitutes a "Feature Suggestion". Topics like these are more suited to the DNA hub, since it doesn't appear to be just about h2g2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/hub/


MESSAGE BOARD FEATURES are INADEQUATE

Post 9

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

In fact, it seems to have very little to do with h2g2.


Key: Complain about this post