A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

"Ignore user" feature

Post 1

Percy "Thrills" Thrillington ("I shall write to the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen!")

Is there a feature that would allow me to block or ignore all posts by a specific researcher? If not, in light of the animosity that a certain researcher seems to be generating, might it not be a good idea?


"Ignore user" feature

Post 2

Lost Soldier Three-----Merry Christmas! (watch my friends list grow)

That would be good.


"Ignore user" feature

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on top
"Most recent comment by the italics: 'it is not a community feature'

They have invented the scroll bar for this 'ignore certain Researcher' idea smiley - eureka.

If a posting breaks the house rules please use the smiley - yikes button, this will also alert the italics (if you insist a posting to break rules but the moderators disagree)."


"Ignore user" feature

Post 4

Percy "Thrills" Thrillington ("I shall write to the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen!")

Please don't let's have the "use the complaints button" conversation again. We've had it many times in many different threads and it never resolves anything.

If the editors themselves are advising that we should ignore people we don't like, why not make it easier for us to do so?


"Ignore user" feature

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit because this is real
"This is a real society, we have to deal with whoever we meet. As well as people change, this has happened, so after a while or after some insight from one or both parties you get along better, or ignore eachother more efficient. "


"Ignore user" feature

Post 6

Smij - Formerly Jimster

I beg to differ, Percy, using the complaints button is the only way things will change. Once you've been on the site a little longer you might discover this - although I of course hope you don't have cause to. smiley - smiley

But as Traveller noted from our previous comments on this matter, it's not something that we're in a position to develop right now and you're more than capable of ignoring people by, y'know, actually ignoring them. You can unsubscribe from conversations you're not interested in any more, you can ask for specific postings to be considered for removal via the moderation system and as a final resort you can use whatever interface you access the site by to bypass postings by people you know annoy you.

We do try to make navigation and functionality as easy as possible, but really there are points along the way where you can take control of a situation yourself.


Key: Complain about this post