A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Feature Suggestions

Tooltips for A-, U- and F-numbers

Post 1

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Although the use of numbers is nicely economical, often I have no idea where an internal link goes until I actually follow it. Using the 'title' attribute to show the Entry titles for A123456 and F123456?thread="/h2g2/forum/123456" >F123456&thread=123456, and the Researcher's name for U123456 as tooltips, as is already done for footnotes, would add more to the HTML, admittedly, but it would also save people's having to load pages just to find out what they are (provided the titles were descriptive).


Tooltips for A-, U- and F-numbers

Post 2

SEF

In GuideML entries, the text for the U or A number can already be shown - depending on whether the person creating the link uses that default or not.


Tooltips for A-, U- and F-numbers

Post 3

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

I should have specified, this would apply to internal links in posts and plain text Entries, and to and ; for the self-closing version of there'd be no need, except perhaps a desire for consistency.


Tooltips for A-, U- and F-numbers

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit used to the feedback forums
"An acceptable way requires some user dicipline

< A2280467 > 'Back up Personal Space' smiley - biggrin

I give the active link _and_ the title some distinction form the surrounding text. "


Tooltips for A-, U- and F-numbers

Post 5

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

User discipline on h2g2?

Okay, a lot of the time the context makes things reasonably clear, but the suggestion could be helpful.

(Correction to post #1: 'F123456&thread=123456' --> 'F123456?thread=123456' alt="smiley - doh" title="doh" class="smiley" src="http://www.h2g2.com/h2g2/skins/Alabaster/images/Smilies/f_doh.gif"/>)


Key: Complain about this post